User Tag List

Love all the morons taking wild, baseless speculation as fact just to complain.

Get a life.
    It's not baseless. We've all been using Apple products for years. The Apple Watch is basically like having an iPod Nano on your wrist with the pedometer and sensors on constantly (if you're using this only as a time piece you didn't spend that $400 wisely). That's a lot of power to draw, and there's not a lot of room in this watch for a battery. 12-16 hours or less battery life on this is a very reasonable estimation.

But, in all fairness this watch is basically in Beta. They'll have a while test and refine it yet.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2014-09-11 at 02:20 AM.
    2014-09-11 01:02 AM
    Good that I have my big-capacity portable charger
    2014-09-11 01:18 AM
    It's not baseless. We've all been using Apple products for years. The Apple Watch is basically like having an iPod Nano on your wrist with the pedometer and sensors on constantly (if you're using this only as a time piece you didn't spend that $400 wisely). That's a lot of power to draw, and there's not a lot of room in this watch for a battery. 12-16 hours or less battery life on this is a very reasonable estimation.

But, in all fairness this watch is basically in Beta. They'll have a while test and refine it yet.
    "It's no baseless because 2+ year old unrelated device... Very reasonable estimation by armchair engineers that know nothing of the product details"

The device will be in very low power using standby 95% on the day. If it could manage a few hours of continuous usage, it could easily last a couple of days. Just how often do you think you'll be using it daily?
    2014-09-11 03:38 AM
    Here's what I'm hoping for...Apple has an uncanny way of creating their own customized chips and boards. I'm hoping that they find some kind of magical breakthrough in battery power and that translates to long time usage of devices and it trickles down to their other products.

Then samsung promptly copies it.
    2014-09-11 10:48 AM
    From a person that buys a $40 Timex Ironman, wears it for 4 years, and when the battery dies, throws it away and buys a new one... no thanks, Apple.
    2014-09-11 12:22 PM
    From a person that buys a $40 Timex Ironman, wears it for 4 years, and when the battery dies, throws it away and buys a new one... no thanks, Apple.
    That's like going on a forum about cars and complaining about filling up the tank with gas because your 10 speed bike doesn't require any gas at all, or complaining cell phones need charged when your phone phone doesn't even need a battery.

Two entirely different devices.
    2014-09-11 01:13 PM
    I love my Apple products but why can't Apple make the phones and this Apple Watch last at least a day? They have been toying with battery improvements for years..time to show us. I don't mind charging my device, I just feel in 2014 you should be able to go at least a day.
    2014-09-11 03:13 PM
    What did people expect from a tiny battery?
    2014-09-11 05:20 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD