It's a sad day for fans of Macworld, the iconic publication for avid -- if not rabid -- Apple news and product devotees.

The print operation is shutting down, we've learned, and in the process a large number of the publication's employees is being relinquished.

“Unfortunately, many of my colleagues lost their jobs today,” says Jason Snell, editorial director for Macworld. “If there’s anything I can do to help them, I will. I have had time to plan for this day, but they haven’t. You probably know some of them. Please join with me in giving them sympathy and support.”

Fortunately for readers, the magazine will continue as an online-exclusive publication. Macworld Editor Dan Miller tweeted confirmation of this fact, tweeting that he is "personally here for another month to assist with the transition."

Macworld Magazine is owned by International Data Group, which isn't saying much about the print publication's final edition or the unfortunate layoffs that have been confirmed.

Source: USA Today
    2014-09-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD