Apple last week decided to give all iTunes registered users U2’s upcoming album, “Songs of Innocence” for free. However, many showed dissatisfaction with Apple’s move to automatically insert the album into their cloud-based iTunes account without asking. If you were one of these customers who complained, Apple has officially presented an easy and simple solution to this issue. The Cupertino-based company has a web portal dedicated to users who would like to remove U2’s album from their iTunes.

The solution is a simple three-step process that was first reported by Re/code. The first thing you’ll need to do is go to the dedicated removal page, then click ‘remove album’, and finally sign into your iTunes account associated with the iTunes Store. It’s as simple as that. Many users received the album in the first place because they enabled the 'automatically download new purchases’ option in iTunes whether knowingly or accidentally. U2 is a rock group who has not only won 22 Grammys, but has also sold 150 million plus albums.

Source: Re/code, Apple
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-09-15 at 10:57 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-09-15 10:52 PM
    Remove it!!! I'm having problems finding it!!!
    2014-09-15 11:06 PM
    It's just amazing how ungrateful and cynical people can be! A company is footing the bill to give you an album, one you don't even have to take if you don't want it, and somehow people manage to find fault in that and complain!

I even heard one radio talk show guy call it "an invasion of my privacy". And this was after he said he heard about this through Twitter and Facebook!! How ironic. And, might I add, what a twit!!

I've heard about people complaining how the western nations are becoming to narcicistic and decedant. I like to think it's not true, but whne so many people complain about being offered something for free that company has to respond in this way, it just give me a sinking feeling in my stomach that we're worse off than I imagine!
    2014-09-15 11:10 PM
    good because U2 are shite

Edit: I'd would have rather have them ask me if I wanted it and not just force it on me
    Last edited by dsg; 2014-09-16 at 12:16 AM.
    2014-09-16 12:12 AM
    It's just amazing how ungrateful and cynical people can be! A company is footing the bill to give you an album, one you don't even have to take if you don't want it, and somehow people manage to find fault in that and complain!
    I don't believe this is an issue of ungratefulness at all. So far today there have been several reports of mobile networks going down due to the flood of downloads (mainly from those who had automatic downloading of purchases enabled.)

Secondly, I've seen various posts on various boards of people who suddenly found a new purchase in their name may have mistakenly thought that their accounts had been compromised and someone somehow started purchasing items in their name via iTunes.

I don't understand why they didn't just make it free to purchase and just make an announcement about it, or if they really felt they needed to add it to each account en masse, then at least make it except from auto-download. I would suggest the former as the latter is more likely to still confuse people who review their account later on at some point.
    2014-09-16 12:59 AM
    Your opinion is wrong.
    2014-09-16 01:00 AM
    No it's just different to yours
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.
    2014-09-16 02:15 AM

Edit: I'd would have rather have them ask me if I wanted it and not just force it on me
    How did they force it on you?? You didn't have to download it. And if you're dense enough to have auto download set, just delete it!
    2014-09-16 04:43 AM
    I didn't download it but it showed up in my music list, which I didn't and don't want anybody adding things to it

so yes it was forced, because I had no way until now to remove it
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.
    2014-09-16 05:31 AM
    How did they force it on you?? You didn't have to download it. And if you're dense enough to have auto download set, just delete it!
    If Apple is so generous, give free what I want, not an album of an overrated and superficial band. So you say if they give you 10 dlls of excrement we need to say thank you???
    2014-09-16 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD