In the days leading up to Apple's September 9th media event, rumors were rampant that Apple and U2 were working on a joint project of some sort.

Although sources close to the legendary rock band denied anything official, we learned at Apple's event that a deal was, indeed, reached -- one enabling U2 to enjoy the biggest album release in the history of music due to a mammoth push by Apple.

Needless to say, as new Apple-U2 rumors emerge on Thursday, few are readily tossing aside the latest speculation to pop up across the tech news blogosphere.

Bono tells TIME he hopes that a new digital music format in the works will prove so irresistibly exciting to music fans that it will tempt them again into buying music—whole albums as well as individual tracks.
    If the above tidbit from TIME is true, Apple and U2, as widely speculated, may soon unveil a new digital music format that could rock the world of digital tunes. Rumors suggest that U2 will now do with Apple what it first wanted to do with BlackBerry five years ago when the Canadian smartphone maker was still a relevant player in the world of mobile.

Source: Time
    2014-09-18 05:56 PM
    I refuse to use any file that's .u2
    2014-09-18 07:12 PM
    Seriously! Why is Apple shoving U2 down our throats? I would have taken a $10 gift card..:]
    2014-09-18 07:23 PM
    Hey Apple, not sure if you are aware of this, but U2 hasn't been cool in like 17 years. I would argue that they have never been cool.
    2014-09-18 10:40 PM
    I believe the format they have created was successfully demonstrated in the HBO documentary "Silicon Valley".
    2014-09-18 11:56 PM
    who cares
    2014-09-19 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD