If sources supposedly in-the-know are correct, we can shoot down at least one rumor with regard to the products Apple is expected to unveil during its media event this Thursday.

As it turns out, we can now effectively remove one anticipated announcement from this week's presentation -- the Retina MacBook Air. To be clear, we're told that a new MacBook Air with Retina Display is indeed in the Apple pipeline. It's just not ready to take the stage yet.

Perpetually knowledgeable Apple news magnet John Paczkowski of Re/Code revealed Monday that individuals "familiar with Apple’s plans" admit that the revamped MacBook Air with Retina we've been waiting for simply isn't finished cooking.

"As I reported earlier this month," Paczkowski adds, "this event will be headlined by Apple’s latest iPads, a new hi-res iMac and OS X Yosemite."

Looks like if anything beyond these expected announcements takes place on stage Thursday, it would come as a huge shock to pretty much everyone close to Apple's manufacturing and supply chains.

Source: Re/Code
    2014-10-13 07:48 PM
    Are iPods no longer important enough to include in neither the yes or no list?

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-10-13 08:07 PM
    Well heck???? I'm still going to hold off on buying a Macbook Pro just in case. Still a rumor until Apple says here we are on the stage. Plus waiting a few extra days isn't going to hurt LOL
    2014-10-13 10:26 PM
    Are iPods no longer important enough to include in neither the yes or no list?
    The dinosaurs won't give up the iPods!
    2014-10-14 01:27 AM
    The dinosaurs won't give up the iPods!
    Or those of is who can only afford a $300 device instead of $750.

And if you're kidding, which I can't tell, then

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-10-14 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD