View Poll Results: How are you liking your new installation of OS X Yosemite?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's great! I love the new interface and features!

20 66.67%
  • I hate it.. it's ugly and none of the new features interest me that much.

4 13.33%
  • I haven't installed it yet because I'm waiting to see if all the bugs are hammered out first.

6 20.00%

Just yesterday, following Apple's special event where the Cupertino-based technology giant unveiled two new iPads, iOS 8.1, and a refresh of some of the company's Macs, Apple released OS X Yosemite to the public by way of the Mac App Store as a free upgrade for those on the some of the previous versions of Mac OS X.

As it would appear, OS X Yosemite is gaining traction quickly. Those knowledgeable about the update are excited to get their Macs running side-by-side with their iOS 8 devices using iCloud Drive, Handoff and Continuity, SMS and Phone on the Mac, and several other features that the two types of devices can work together to achieve.

OS X Yosemite also gives the Mac a fresh new look in terms of its user interface, focusing more on transparency, flatness, and blurs like iOS 8 does.

Other new features in OS X Yosemite include an improved Safari Web browser, an improved Mail e-mail client, an improved and smarter SpotLight search interface, and much more. Detailed information about the features in OS X Yosemite can be found on Apple's Web site via this direct link.

With adoption happening as quick as it is, we're wondering how all of you are liking the new upgrade. Attached to the forum version of this post is a poll where you can cast your vote on how you feel about Apple's new OS X Yosemite 10.10 operating system for Mac machines. To get to that poll, you can click here. Check back frequently to watch the statistics!
    2014-10-17 05:03 PM
    apple just made Mac an accessory to my iPhone. Loving It!
    2014-10-17 05:41 PM
    Downloading now. Can't wait to test it!
    2014-10-17 06:23 PM
    Great Upgrade and who can be mad, it's free! Now go and work on OSX11
    2014-10-17 06:37 PM
    been running it for awhile... and love it for the most part. just wish the continuity features did not require BLE. I can understand the requirement for laptops... however stationary iMacs that plug into a wall outlet should not have to be restricted. I guess it's just Apple being Apple. I wonder how many people will trade up their 2011 iMacs?
    2014-10-17 07:14 PM
    The poll needs more options. I do like it, but I do have issues with a few things:
    maximize -> full screen = no
    No sidebar in iTunes = no
    I'm sure I'll find more but all in all it's good.
    2014-10-17 07:38 PM
    The poll needs more options. I do like it, but I do have issues with a few things:
    maximize -> full screen = no
    No sidebar in iTunes = no
    I'm sure I'll find more but all in all it's good.
    I'm not sure if this is the case in OSX, but at least in windows the iTunes sidebar is simply disabled by default. It's possible to re-add it.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-10-17 08:05 PM
    iv just logged in when i do i don't see any ones comments
    when i log out i see 5 comments

any way answer to no side bar you need to connect your device to the cable
    click on your device in iTunes you will have the side bar
    if any one wants to no where show cloud in iTunes its in iTunes/pref/store

I'm one of the people that's worked on a large amount of Yosemite from day one
    from day one iTunes and Yosemite were a mess
    this is the best OS X yet
    as iv made sure my bug fixes were implemented
    i still think it's been released to soon i wanted another 2 months on it
    as i was spending 6 hours a day on it

my mac book pro new mac book pro that is had to be sent back to apple
    smashed my SSD to bits
    locked me out with the firm ware pass lock
    and smashed an external drive up as well that's what a beta system will do free of charge to boot

i wood list what iv done

hear are a couple or 3

system pref panel
    dark mode
    right click in side a folder that hold panel now works across the board even tags even the default button
    most of what i did fixed Mavericks as well at the same time
    i was using 2 operating systems Mav & Yo

take it easy all

as for the pool stuff the poll

your looking for the 3 dots top left that is now your side bar
    i now call it the top bar as it is at the top

this is for spiderman

sorry guys i don't get to reply directly when i log in i don't see replays or comments
    Last edited by ProfessorJack; 2014-10-17 at 08:45 PM.
    2014-10-17 08:33 PM
    Its really the best i have seen so far
    2014-10-17 08:52 PM
    Im jailbroken so i won't update to the new iOS 8. Im bummed that i can t use all the new features.
    2014-10-17 09:12 PM
    I was a beta tester and I ended up removing it as it had to many apps that would not work and I needed them for travel. I'll put it on my Air again and see how it shook out.
    2014-10-17 09:31 PM
    I'm sorry i was not able to work on IO S 8
    im really not happy about it
    it's far to slow
    the so called supper fast net work chip
    in my iPhone plus 6
    don't work due to a bug ridden IO S
    the programmers on this should be ashamed of them selfs
    if they were working for me i wood sack them on the spot
    hear in the UK it's called a P45 that's what you take with you when you are looking for a job

any way when i get my second iPhone 6 plus and put a apple care warranty on it ill be testing for next year
    along with 2 iPad 2s air's one for testing

take it easy

apps i worked on was

CC photo shop cloud fixing the WiFi for this as i could not use 5G only 2.4GHz
    istart forget how this is spell t
    drop box
    is it iBox sorry can't remember what box it is ah
    and a few others

there has been a lot of menus moved around even the dark mode button was in a different place
    i sad to apple it wood be better to bring all the down loads into app store update
    in stead of logging into the Dev web site using the silly redemption code that only worked the first time you used it
    so every beta/public/RC was attached to the Redemption button
    i though give me strength
    so now it is where it should be for downloads it was about 2/3rds in on updates when they eventually changed it

take it easy

the side bar click on the 3 dot's top left and add what you want
    there are 9 in total then click done to lock em in

take it easy
    Last edited by ProfessorJack; 2014-10-17 at 10:11 PM.
    2014-10-17 09:48 PM
    I personally find it extremely UGLY. The new "flat" paradigm really reminds me of the X11 window managers of the early 1990's (when the computer resources were scarce and getting any kind of beautification was not possible). Ugly it is but that is not my major concern: what I REALLY DISLIKE is that Finder "Labels" cannot be enabled anymore. The new "Tags" are an interesting idea, but the implementation sucks. Before I could highlight the entire file name with a nice well visible color so I could distinguish folders for WORK, HOME, etc (or any other categorization that pleased me). Now there are TINY dots that are barely visible (especially since they did not even put them next to the file names!). So... after playing with Mavericks (and now Yosemite to see if they'd fix that... alas no), I am now back on Mountain Lion. Will likely remain here for the time being (which also means no buying new Macs since the newer models cannot be "downgraded" to ML). It is a good thing my Mac Pro, Macbook Air and 5 imacs are still going strong. Perhaps my next mac will be a hackintosh so I can stay with ML
    2014-10-17 10:13 PM
    I personally find it extremely UGLY. The new "flat" paradigm really reminds me of the X11 window managers of the early 1990's (when the computer resources were scarce and getting any kind of beautification was not possible). Ugly it is but that is not my major concern: what I REALLY DISLIKE is that Finder "Labels" cannot be enabled anymore. The new "Tags" are an interesting idea, but the implementation sucks. Before I could highlight the entire file name with a nice well visible color so I could distinguish folders for WORK, HOME, etc (or any other categorization that pleased me). Now there are TINY dots that are barely visible (especially since they did not even put them next to the file names!). So... after playing with Mavericks (and now Yosemite to see if they'd fix that... alas no), I am now back on Mountain Lion. Will likely remain here for the time being (which also means no buying new Macs since the newer models cannot be "downgraded" to ML). It is a good thing my Mac Pro, Macbook Air and 5 imacs are still going strong. Perhaps my next mac will be a hackintosh so I can stay with ML
    Think you can pass some of that Mac love down? Jk

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-10-17 10:37 PM
    Been using Yosemite for a month or two on my Hacintosh Pro. Works great. I'm not the biggest fan of the new look but it's not an eye sore either. It works better, so I'm liking it.
    2014-10-18 12:12 AM
    It's okay. The icons lack unff... No texture, no dimension. it just looks too flat. Windows is doing the same thing... Why?
    2014-10-18 12:52 AM
    my load average is always above 1? do you guys get the same thing?
    2014-10-18 07:52 AM
    The battery lasts quite a lot longer on my mac book!
    However, safari is constantly crashing (the only plain I have is FSecure Safe).
    Things seem a bit laggy (safari again), but i guess thats what bug fixes are for!

Before anyone says do a clean install, this was a clean install.
    2014-10-18 11:15 AM
    Had it since Developer Preview 3, been absolutely in love with it from the beginning. Working on some stuff for it too on the side.
    2014-10-18 01:34 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the case in OSX, but at least in windows the iTunes sidebar is simply disabled by default. It's possible to re-add it.
    I have a sidebar in the new iTunes.
    Plus, everything is so much faster with Yosemite.
    2014-10-18 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD