Apple TV fans received a double dose of heartache in the last two months as Apple skipped the opportunity during its September and October media events to unveil a new Apple TV.

Despite two and a half years without a hardware update, Apple TV sales are still going strong. And with new channels and content added on a fairly consistent basis, Apple TV is always new again in some fashion for its regular users.

Such is true once again today as Apple updated its streaming set-top box with two new channels. In this case, the "FYI" and "Feeln" channels are now a part of the content line up.

The FYI Network (once known as the Biography Channel) makes available some free content to all, but access to all the programming requires a cable TV subscription, which you'll have to validate upon attempting to access FYI's content.

The Feeln channel is a Hallmark property and does, in fact, require a monthly subscription fee of $5, although you can enjoy a week of free access to the channel as part of the introductory trial period launched with the addition of the channel to Apple TV today.

Source: Apple
    2014-10-28 07:59 PM
    ARRRRRGH! Why cant they add a PLEX app!!! I have to play plex on my phone or ipad and then Airplay it to the ATV!! They have the app for ipad and iphone why not ATV??
    2014-10-28 08:41 PM
    ARRRRRGH! Why cant they add a PLEX app!!! I have to play plex on my phone or ipad and then Airplay it to the ATV!! They have the app for ipad and iphone why not ATV??
    Amen to that !!
    2014-10-28 09:12 PM
    they do have a tweak.. they implement PLEX into trailers.. check out youtube. I have plex on my ATV 3. Basically you run plexconnect on your mac or computer and then make a new profile on ATV3, set your DNS to your computer IP and bang..Plex on ATV3

https://github.com/iBaa/PlexConnect/wiki/Install-Guide
    Last edited by mazzanic; 2014-10-28 at 10:17 PM.
    2014-10-28 10:15 PM
    they do have a tweak.. they implement PLEX into trailers.. check out youtube. I have plex on my ATV 3. Basically you run plexconnect on your mac or computer and then make a new profile on ATV3, set your DNS to your computer IP and bang..Plex on ATV3

https://github.com/iBaa/PlexConnect/wiki/Install-Guide
    Thats nice but its simply a hack, and a tethered hack at that. A true app implementation is what people really want, but since that is what people really want, Apple will never do it.
    2014-10-29 12:13 AM
    Thats nice but its simply a hack, and a tethered hack at that. A true app implementation is what people really want, but since that is what people really want, Apple will never do it.
    Right! But, it'll do until that day arrives.. Just wanted to help some fellow frustrated people since I was in that boat for a while.
    2014-10-29 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.