A few days ago, we announced the final eight contenders on Time’s Person of the Year shortlist, and Apple CEO Tim Cook was on that list. However, he was going up against quite a bit of competition this year including Ebola caregivers, Alibaba’s Jack Ma, Ferguson protestors among a few others. It was revealed today that Tim Cook has lost the title of Time’s 2014 Person of the Year again, but this time to healthcare workers who are helping battle Ebola in Africa. According to Nancy Gibbs, Time’s editor,

Ebola is a war, and a warning. The global health system is nowhere close to strong enough to keep us safe from infectious disease, and 'us' means everyone, not just those in faraway places where this is one threat among many that claim lives every day. The rest of the world can sleep at night because a group of men and women are willing to stand and fight.
    Cook came in second place back in 2012 when he was nominated as well, but that time he lost to President Barack Obama. Some other competitors on this year’s shortlist included pop singer Taylor Swift, Russian President Vladmir Putin, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, and acting President of Iraqi Kurdistan Region Masoud Barzani. When Cook was one of the last eight contenders, Gibbs noted:

Everyone wondered whether he could live up to Steve Jobs's legacy at Apple of reinventing whole categories regularly. With the Apple Watch, we think he stands a good chance of doing that.
    Source: Time

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-12-10 07:40 PM
    I don't really get it...but ok.. Ebola isn't new.. It's killed plenty for years.. But only when we allow it to come into the US..THEN it's worth recognizing these people as "Person of the Year".. wtf?
    2014-12-10 08:23 PM
    No offense to Tim but what has he done to be person of the year? I don't get these awards of mediocrity. Do something worthy of an award. Ebola has been around for a long time. Many have fought it..guess this year is their year.
    2014-12-10 08:57 PM
    No offense to Tim but what has he done to be person of the year? I don't get these awards of mediocrity. Do something worthy of an award. Ebola has been around for a long time. Many have fought it..guess this year is their year.
    I think it was something about standing up for gay rights in the workplace or something like that.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-12-10 09:47 PM
    It's all politics. These type of awards don't even make sense..
    2014-12-11 01:01 AM
    I'm sure Tim doesn't mind.
    2014-12-11 02:10 AM
    What has Tim done besides unveiling the Apple watch? (for the world I mean, not for Apple)
    2014-12-11 03:54 AM
    What's Ebola? /s

Notice how all of a sudden we don't hear a peep about Ebola in the news?
    Makes you wonder what Obama/govt were trying to distract the masses from.

Food for thought.
    2014-12-11 04:21 AM
    Apple's ceo didn't deserve to be in the top 10 for person of the year. He runs a tech company for crying out loud.
    2014-12-11 05:05 AM
    why is this so important? person of the year was only ever designed to sell Time magazines.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide, another view here

look here all grammar police, indulge me.
    2014-12-11 08:10 AM
    Apple's ceo didn't deserve to be in the top 10 for person of the year. He runs a tech company for crying out loud.
    You're probably right, but at least Putin didn't win haha
    2014-12-11 05:43 PM
    You're probably right, but at least Putin didn't win haha
    It's not the best person of the year, but the most influential person of the year. I personally think Putin should've won. Him or the ISIS leader.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-12-11 08:11 PM
    It's not the best person of the year, but the most influential person of the year. I personally think Putin should've won. Him or the ISIS leader.
    I see your point, but I just think Putin looks too much like a James Bond villain to be on the cover of any magazine, much less Time. Lol
    2014-12-11 08:17 PM
    I see your point, but I just think Putin looks too much like a James Bond villain to be on the cover of any magazine, much less Time. Lol

He looks more like a James Bond to me rather than a villain, if we go by Daniel Craig's 007
    2014-12-11 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD