Although it was Apple who targeted Windows switchers to the Mac platform for quite some time, the tables seemed to have now turned as Microsoft appears to be the underdog. Microsoft appears to be focusing its efforts on trying to win over MacBook users with its Surface Pro hybrid computers. In its most recent effort to attract potential switchers, Microsoft launched a new website called “Making the Switch: MacBook to Surface Pro 3.” This site aims to make the transition from one platform to another much easier, providing information on how to dive into using the Surface Pro 3.

The site is split into different sections which explain the basics of Windows 8.1 with a lowdown of what MacBook users need to know, how to move content from their MacBook to the Surface Pro 3 and how to use the Surface Pro 3 with Apple products and software such as iCloud, the iPhone and iTunes. The “Surface Pro 3 for MacBook Users” section of the new site explains unique Windows features that could otherwise confuse users making the jump from a Mac. These features included right-clicking, keyboard shortcuts and searching for and installing applications. There’s also a whole section dedicated to viruses that notes that “most computers, including Macs, can get malware,” before detailing the protection tools included in Windows 8.1.

The recently launched website is one of the many moves that Microsoft has made in an ongoing campaign which put the Surface Pro 3 against Apple’s MacBook Air. The ads tout the benefits of the Surface Pro 3 over the MacBook Air including its tablet-style touchscreen capabilities, removable keyboard, integrated kickstand and Bluetooth stylus. The campaign has been running for quite some time but the results of the company’s efforts haven’t been revealed. That being said, the sales of the Surface lineup have been quite abyssmal and this really appears to be a desperate attempt to lure more customers in.

What do you think of the Surface Pro 3 and Microsoft’s campaign?

Source: Microsoft
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 2014-12-23 at 07:01 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2014-12-23 06:53 PM
    Pathetic ...
    2014-12-23 06:59 PM
    I do not understand why they want to compete with the air so bad. It is a entirely different market. The only reason I can see is due to the Surface Pro's entry price being around the same.
    2014-12-23 07:09 PM
    Pretty funny, really.
    Microsoft are so desperate to make the Surface relevant. They know they can't compete with the iPad, so they're looking for a softer target...
    2014-12-23 07:35 PM
    Why would anyone even remotely think of doing this?
    2014-12-23 09:19 PM
    I do not understand why they want to compete with the air so bad. It is a entirely different market. The only reason I can see is due to the Surface Pro's entry price being around the same.
    respectfully disagree. A lot of Macbook users use parallels such as myself. That wasn't my initial intention, perhaps it's due to my laziness in learning a new OS, but now I use the Windows side over 50% of the time. (Unfortunately I have become the "poser" who buys a Macbook but uses Windows all the time, the very type of individuals I used to make fun of) I have been seriously contemplating making the switch to Surface Pro 3 (or the upcoming 4). I'm sure MS knows this from their surveys and studies.
    2014-12-24 02:31 AM
    respectfully disagree. A lot of Macbook users use parallels such as myself. That wasn't my initial intention, perhaps it's due to my laziness in learning a new OS, but now I use the Windows side over 50% of the time. (Unfortunately I have become the "poser" who buys a Macbook but uses Windows all the time, the very type of individuals I used to make fun of) I have been seriously contemplating making the switch to Surface Pro 3 (or the upcoming 4). I'm sure MS knows this from their surveys and studies.
    I think he means the hardware difference. The Surface is a hybrid where the MacBook is a laptop.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-12-24 03:13 AM
    I picked up a surface pro 3 last month and Im very impressed so far . My surface has a i7 processor, 8gb of ram, and 512gb ssd hd It's way more powerful then a iPad also I just sold my MacBook air the surface just offers more for the money.
    2014-12-24 02:53 PM
    I found the Surface to be bulky as a tablet after using the Air and Mini, plus, the Microsoft Store is incredibly baron compared to Apple's. It has been out long enough that the "it's growing" excuse doesn't work. Then, I have to go buy a $100 keyboard to even use the Surface as advertised which feels even more clunky and cheap compared to standalone sub $50 keyboards. I can clearly see the appeal of the Surface, but I think they are going about it the wrong way by attacking Apple. When you attack a company, it shows that you are scared of them. They should be advertising their own product as opposed to constantly bringing my attention to Apple products.
    2014-12-24 08:28 PM
    This site is so heavily biased to Apple it isn't even funny, even when the points being made are being stretched beyond belief. That being said, the Surface Pro 2/3 is a true hybrid.

And the sales are hardly abysmal
    Microsoft: Surface Pro 3 tablet is selling at twice the rate of the Pro 2 | PCWorld

Microsoft is doing great, and so are Surface Pro 3 and Office 365
    Microsoft revealed that the Surface Pro 3 drove the momentum of its Surface line to a revenue $908 million
    2014-12-26 08:58 PM
    Pretty funny, really.
    Microsoft are so desperate to make the Surface relevant. They know they can't compete with the iPad, so they're looking for a softer target...
    Being that the Surface is a true Hybrid with a full OS, it promptly spanks the Ipad in true usability/fuctionality.
    2014-12-26 09:00 PM
    Why would anyone even remotely think of doing this?
    So they are not stuck using Apple's overpriced locked down platform.
    2014-12-26 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD