Just earlier this week, we shared with everyone some basic photos of what Apple’s rumored 12-inch MacBook Air would look like. Following that news, Martin Hajek, a well-known 3D designer and modeler has released some more photos surrounding the rumored device. This time, the new photos are a set of more realistic renderings of the first ever 12-inch laptop that Hajek posted onto his blog. Previous reports noted that the laptop would have an edge-to-edge keyboard and almost half the thickness of the Cupertino-based company’s current MacBook Air. The details Hajek created of the device follow exactly that along with speakers above the keyboard.

It was also said that the new 12-inch laptop will have even less ports due to Apple’s attempt to make the device thinner than before. Claims are saying that the new device will only have two ports including the USB Type-C port and headphone jack. Last but not least, Hajek’s photos show the laptop in a gold color option- something Apple has never done before. It has been rumored that the device will come in three different colors for consumers to choose from: gold, space grey, and silver. These three colors will also match Apple’s current iPhone 6 lineup as well as iPad lineup. How true do you think these rumors are? Would you purchase this laptop? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: Martin Hajek

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-01-09 10:04 AM
    Be interesting to see how rigid it is due to the edge to edge keyboard. I can see Bendgate the sequel coming……….
    2015-01-09 11:52 AM
    Looks pretty sweet I would welcome the Gold color .
    2015-01-09 03:01 PM
    iPad is thinner and doesn't bend without extreme force. I would welcome the new colors as well.
    2015-01-09 04:02 PM
    Be interesting to see how rigid it is due to the edge to edge keyboard. I can see Bendgate the sequel coming……….
    Who can fit this thing in their pocket, and then sit on it, deserves to have their MacBook bent. Otherwise... Bendgate averted.
    2015-01-09 05:20 PM
    Who can fit this thing in their pocket, and then sit on it, deserves to have their MacBook bent. Otherwise... Bendgate averted.
    Except that students often pile books into the same bag and stuff their bags in trunks and such.

I plan to use it in a motorcycle tank bag that I take everywhere with me. Bending is a real concern. I never know what I may need to carry back with me when I leave.
    2015-01-11 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD