It wasn’t long ago that mobile carrier T-Mobile rolled out some new plans, but with a new year comes another new plan. The carrier has announced today another option for its prepaid customers, called Simply Prepaid. Prepaid customers can now pay as little as $40 a month with the new Simply Prepaid Plan. For $40, customers will receive unlimited data, text, and talk while getting 1GB of 4G LTE data. This means that after your 1GB of 4G LTE data is used, the company will throttle data to 2G speeds of 128kbps.

The new plan will be available for existing customers as well as new customers starting Sunday, January 25th. Because the price of the plan is so low, there are a few features that won’t be included in the Simply Prepaid plans. Those who decide to go with this option will not have the unlimited international texting feature as well as Music Freedom like Simple Choice plan customers. As per the usual, any Wi-Fi connectivity will be at no extra cost and will have up to 8mbps of speed.

For those who want unlimited 4G LTE data will have to check out T-Mobile’s existing Simple Choice prepaid plans. Take a look at the prepaid options for T-Mobile below:

Simply Prepaid Plans:

- $40 per month for unlimited talk, text, and data/ up to 1GB of 4G LTE
    - $50 per month for unlimited talk, text, and data/ up to 3GB of 4G LTE
    - $60 per month for unlimited talk, text, and data/ up to 5GB of 4G LTE

Simple Choice Prepaid Plans

- $50 per month for unlimited talk, text, and data/ up to 1GB of 4G LTE
    - $60 per month for unlimited talk, text, and data/ up to 3GB of 4G LTE
    - $70 per month for unlimited talk, text, and data/ up to 5GB of 4G LTE
    - $80 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 4G LTE data

Source: T-Mobile

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-01-15 07:14 PM
    Pre paid clearly doesn't mean what it used to mean. I have a pre paid T Mobile number and I only pay for the minutes I want to buy. There is NO monthly anything. I buy only what I want when I want. If I want to go 11 months without spending one penny, then I go 11 months. T Mobile your new vision of pre paid sucks.
    2015-01-16 04:35 AM
    Can someone please explain why it says both "unlimited data" and then says up to "x of 4G LTE" ??? Seems to contradict itself. Unlimited data is unlimited data. The speed shouldn't matter.
    Last edited by uri8472; 2015-01-18 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typo
    2015-01-18 05:48 PM
    Can someone please explain why it says both "unlimited data" and then says up to "x of 4G LTE" ??? Seems to contradict itself. Unlimited data is unlimited data. The speed shouldn't matter.
    You will have unlimited date but only a certain amount of 4G/LTE date before your date is throttled to 3G and under I'm guessing.
    2015-01-18 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD