In recent weeks, rumors have been rampant that Apple is planning a media event for Tuesday, February 24th. And while all signs still point to a looming media event, there's new talk tonight about Apple possibly moving the date into March.

MMi has been privy to a forthcoming report from NativeMobile, which indicates that Apple is seriously considering an early to mid-March media event, after which the Apple Watch would immediately be available for preorders. This would be consistent with the recent admission by Tim Cook that Apple Watch will ship in April.

Nonetheless, as we understand it, not much will fundamentally change about the event itself, whether it comes in February or March. Although an Apple Watch demo is expected, the primary reason for the event will be to show off a new MacBook Air, possibly one featuring Intel Broadwell chips.

If Apple is to hold a late February media event, we won't have to wait long to find out. A February 24th media event would likely require Apple to drop invites within the next week.

Source: NativeMobile
    2015-02-11 03:37 AM
    I haven't heard anything on the new iPhone. My upgrade is in March and I'm wondering if I should wait till September for the iPhone 6s. would it be worth it, or there won't be much difference.
    2015-02-11 10:55 AM
    The rumours will start flying in earnest in the summer when we will see 2 or 3 videos a week of what some bloke sees as the future of the iPhone with edge to edge display and a 3D projector ect.
    If history teaches us anything it is that there will be an S version of the iPhone with slight internal improvements and 1 new feature.
    3gs had a camera (I think) or was faster
    4S had Siri
    5S had fingerprint scanner

So the 6s will look almost identitical to the 6 but will be faster and bring something new to the table.

Personally I get the new number 5 then 6 but I skip the S versions.

Jolly
    2015-02-11 12:05 PM
    The rumours will start flying in earnest in the summer when we will see 2 or 3 videos a week of what some bloke sees as the future of the iPhone with edge to edge display and a 3D projector ect.
    If history teaches us anything it is that there will be an S version of the iPhone with slight internal improvements and 1 new feature.
    3gs had a camera (I think) or was faster
    4S had Siri
    5S had fingerprint scanner

So the 6s will look almost identitical to the 6 but will be faster and bring something new to the table.

Personally I get the new number 5 then 6 but I skip the S versions.

Jolly
    I too am on the "New Number" rotation and not the "S" rotation. And I am fine with that.

DLW
    2015-02-11 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD