During T-Mobile’s Q4 earnings recently, the mobile company’s CEO, John Legere, announced that they have passed Sprint in being the number three mobile carrier countrywide. However, Sprint begs to differ as the two are debating on how the numbers were calculated. Legere claimed that Sprint had meddled with the numbers to be on top and counted 1.7 million users through resale partners who have already been inactive for six months. Sprint on the other hand suggested that this method has been used for years.

It was noted that Sprint ended Q4 with 55 million customers and T-Mobile ended up with a little more than 55 million after merging with MetroPCS. According to Legere,

…Going into this year, they have 55 million customers… T-Mobile had 33 million customers. We merged with MetroPCS and went to 42 million customers, and we’ve since added 13 million customers to get up to, guess what, 55 million customers.
    The two seem to be neck to neck but Legere said that in the next quarter or two, the numbers will be much clearer. T-Mobile’s CEO had stated that they would pass Sprint by the end of last year and it seems like the CEO has kept to his word. Do you really believe T-Mobile has surpassed Sprint? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Source: The Verge

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-02-22 02:53 AM
    Probably is true. I was suckered into switching from Verizon to tmobile. And although my bill is much cheaper... so is the service. I have so many dropped calls its not even funny. Live and learn.
    2015-02-22 03:58 AM
    Probably is true. I was suckered into switching from Verizon to tmobile. And although my bill is much cheaper... so is the service. I have so many dropped calls its not even funny. Live and learn.
    From everything I've heard it depends completely on where you live.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-02-22 05:25 AM
    From everything I've heard it depends completely on where you live.
    I suppose. But my wife is a flight attendant and aside from where we live she frequents New York. Orlando and Los angeles among other places and her opinion of tmobile hasn't changed. You get what you pay for... I guess I can bear it for now. But it was a compromise lower price versus better coverage.
    2015-02-22 09:35 AM
    I always thought t mobile was bigger then sprint
    2015-02-22 08:46 PM

Weird.... I moved from AT&T to T-Mobile about 2 years now and have never had any major problems whatsoever. I live in NYC, but travel a decent amount. When I visit frequent places like VA, CA, NE and few others I don't experience any dropped calls. Call quality may be a bit off if I'm in an area with poor signal but still things are usually good.

The only major difference I've noticed is that when I go into elevators my signal can drop significantly, or driving out to Connecticut (certain rural like areas) and when I shop at our local BJs Whole Food place. If I go deep into the warehouse I get no signal, but if I'm towards the front closer to outside it's not a problem. When I was with AT&T none of those things happened. But still despite the minor problems I'm glad I switch. I'm saving tons of money compared to what AT&T was charging me and I had a GF data plan which eventually didn't mean much due to the throttling BS. At the end of the day it's not like I'm on an elevator for an extended period of time or driving to Connecticut everyday or in a warehouse shopping for food everyday.

T-Mobile may not be the preferred choice because honestly I love AT&T, but if you are looking to get more (and by more I mean data which is what we all really care about nowadays) for your bucks I think they are a very, very good choice.
    2015-02-22 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD