Apple recently released an update to the OS X edition of iMovie which makes several minor but important changes including integration with Yosemite’s new Photos app which is bundled with the current OS X 10.10.3 beta. With the updated iteration of iMovie, version 10.0.7 to be exact, users can browse Moments, Collections, Favorites and Albums in the new Photos app in order to add still images to a video project.

The other iMovie improvements focus primarily on user interface tweaks. Now, the Play/Pause, Previous/Next and Full Screen buttons are always displayed below the viewer for quicker access as s a Record Voiceover button. The update also adds support for Sony’s XAVC-S format and squashes a variety of stability and compatibility problems.

iMovie 10.0.7 comes in at $15 for new years or if you’re an existing owner it will be a free upgrade.

Source: Mac App Store

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-03-10 04:58 PM
    I'm still on Imovie 9 or whatever the older version was simplyt because the new version doesn't let you do things like insert chapters that play nice with convertin to iDVD. I know Apple has abandoned iDVD and anything physical media, but my wife and I still use it to create edited home movies that we share with family members who need it on DVD.

But I have to hand it to Apple fore the fact that I can still use iDVD after it being abandoned so long ago.
    2015-03-11 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD