In less than two weeks, an eagerly anticipated new book about Steve Jobs is set to be published.

But in an excerpt briefly available from Amazon (it has since been pulled as part of the book's official preview), a touching and inspiring revelation about Tim Cook, Apple's CEO, comes to light.

Steve Jobs, who passed away in October of 2011 after a long battle with cancer, is the subject of Becoming Steve Jobs, set for release on March 24th. In the book preview that was briefly available, it came to light that Cook was willing and ready to donate part of his healthy liver to potentially help his boss.

Cook, we're told, underwent extensive testing and was found to have Jobs' rare blood type.

According to the book's provocative passage in question:

"Somebody that's selfish," Cook continues, "doesn't reply like that. I mean, here's a guy, he's dying, he's very close to death because of his liver issue, and here's someone healthy offering a way out. I said, 'Steve, I'm perfectly healthy, I've been checked out. Here's the medical report. I can do this and I'm not putting myself at risk, I'll be fine.' And he doesn't think about it. It was not, 'Are you sure you want to do this?' It was not, 'I'll think about it.' It was not, 'Oh, the condition I'm in . . .' It was, 'No, I'm not doing that!' He kind of popped up in bed and said that. And this was during a time when things were just terrible. Steve only yelled at me four or five times during the 13 years I knew him, and this was one of them."
    "Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader" is available for preorder on Amazon now. To get it, click here.

Source: CultofMac
    2015-03-13 08:32 PM
    Hes a better man than I then. Id expect a family member OF HIS to bear that honour for him. My kidneys/Livers/Money are reserved for that occasion that my family members should ever need them. Am I selfish?
    2015-03-13 08:45 PM
    Hes a better man than I then. Id expect a family member OF HIS to bear that honour for him. My kidneys/Livers/Money are reserved for that occasion that my family members should ever need them. Am I selfish?
    He was adopted. Didn't you get the memo? His real father was revealed after his death. Also, he was a rare match so even his blood family might not have matched.
    2015-03-14 03:04 AM
    I was unaware.
    That doesn’t chnage my positon that much though.
    2015-03-14 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD