It could be the reason why we haven't seen an Apple TV hardware refresh in several years. Apple, it seems, is still putting the finishing touches on both a revamped device itself and an array of business deals that could make the next-gen Apple TV a true entertainment game changer.

It's being reported by sources in-the-know that Apple will unveil this June at its WWDC a new Apple TV. This is something MMi first reported last week. But over the weekend, new rumblings have emerged about content for Apple TV. And this is where things truly get interesting.

If knowledgeable insiders are, in fact, as knowledgeable as they would like for us to believe, then Apple is prepping to launch a new dedicated Apple TV app store that could give developers an opportunity to create games and other offerings for the set-top box.

But there could be more to the effort, as well. Much more.

"Apparently," Wired reported this morning, "Apple is negotiating with broadcasters to stream many of the big television networks straight to Apple TV, including ABC, CBS, and Fox. Thatís what can finally make the set-top an attractive thing. It then becomes a true hub for the home."

Although talks with NBC are reportedly not going well, it would be difficult to imagine Apple striking lucrative agreements with all other major networks and content platforms and not NBC. At that point, NBC might have too much to lose by sitting out this opportunity.

Even though Apple isn't confirming reports of said plans (big shock there, right?), there's an excellent possibility that we'll know all about Apple's new Apple TV aims in June when WWDC kicks off.

Source: Wired
    2015-03-23 06:30 PM
    Come full throttle Apple. Don't hold back for 10 years of progress..that is all for now :]
    2015-03-23 09:09 PM
    This seems like it could be related to using AppleTV with Homekit. AppleTV + Siri + Homekit would be great! "Hey Siri, dim the lights in here" with my Phillips Hue light setup sounds intriguing.
    2015-03-24 07:53 PM
    I wonder if Apple really is releasing a new Apple TV this year...
    Just got this in my email:
    2015-03-31 08:13 PM
    I wonder if Apple really is releasing a new Apple TV this year...
    Just got this in my email:
    Apple dropped the price at the Apple Watch announcement.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2015-03-31 09:29 PM
    Apple dropped the price at the Apple Watch announcement.
    Didn't know that! Prolly cuz I didn't care about the announcement! LOL!
    2015-03-31 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD