Starting April 10th, the Apple Watch will be available in Apple Retail Stores for Try-on appointments and consumers will be able to test out the highly anticipated Apple Watch. The wearable device will come in many different sizes with different bands and colors. All the different variations will attract different types of consumers including health addicts as well as those into fashion. According to the Apple Online store, there are many different combinations which make it extremely complicated for consumers to choose from.

Apple will also be selling Apple Watch bands separately so that consumers can mix and match different bands with different watches. However, it was noted that during the Try-on appointments on April 10th, consumers will not be able to try on the separate bands and watch faces. According to MacRumors,

Apple will not size links or swap bands at the Try-on table or Try-on cases.
    Try-on appointments on April 10th have been said to only last about 15 minutes. It was also noted that the Cupertino-based company will have about 18 different combinations on display that day with 10 combinations in their Try-on cases. Will you be making an appointment on April 10th to try out the smartwatch? Share with us in the comments below.

Source: MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand
    2015-03-31 06:52 AM
    Nope!

I was ready to give them my money till I saw the announcement. I held high hopes that the rumors were just that and expected Apple to knock my socks off with the device. I actually held off on buying the Pebble Steel to see what Apple had in store.

In it's current state it's an overpriced smart watch, it doesn't (yet) do anything its competitors can't already do. Sorry but I don't need to spend another $100 more than the current most expensive smart watch, just to send my friends penis' I drew on the watch face.

Also, anyone who spends 10k-17k on the Apple Watch edition has to be crazy. It's not like a Rolex that maintains its value...It will be worthless in 9mo when the next watch is announced.

By the time Apple Watch 2 comes out, the ecosystem will be better, and you can bet your *** that the battery life will be fixed. I'll be saving my money till then
    2015-03-31 11:31 AM
    ^^While I agree that the Apple Watch does not give us anything revolutionary, all Apple products hold their value. That is clearly seen by the resellers market that Apple products have created. I don't wear a watch and was hoping that the Apple Watch would wow me and make me want to wear one. At this time, I cannot say that i am $old.
    2015-03-31 02:39 PM
    all Apple products hold their value. That is clearly seen by the resellers market that Apple products have created.
    While this is true, the depreciation model is vastly different.

If I buy a 10k Rolex now, in a years time the watch will still be worth ~10k. Maybe +- a few hundred or so...In some rare cases the watches actually gain value over time.

Now lets look at the iPhone market, since we don't yet have a watch market to compare against. The biggest difference here is that carriers subsidize the pricing.

The new entry level unlocked iPhone costs $650, though most get it for $200. In a years time, the device loses a large portion of its value. When the next iPhone comes out, that device is now worth $200-$300. The phone lost almost half its value while the rolex lost a fraction.

It's nothing against apple products, its just the nature of the beast in the tech world.

I can't imagine anyone being okay with spending 10k on a watch, and have its value halved in a years time.
    2015-03-31 07:46 PM
    While this is true, the depreciation model is vastly different.

If I buy a 10k Rolex now, in a years time the watch will still be worth ~10k. Maybe +- a few hundred or so...In some rare cases the watches actually gain value over time.

Now lets look at the iPhone market, since we don't yet have a watch market to compare against. The biggest difference here is that carriers subsidize the pricing.

The new entry level unlocked iPhone costs $650, though most get it for $200. In a years time, the device loses a large portion of its value. When the next iPhone comes out, that device is now worth $200-$300. The phone lost almost half its value while the rolex lost a fraction.

It's nothing against apple products, its just the nature of the beast in the tech world.

I can't imagine anyone being okay with spending 10k on a watch, and have its value halved in a years time.
    The gold Watch is not going to loose "half it's value" in a year". The reason for it being SO much more expensive is because of the material. Not the technology. Sure, it will lose some value because of the tech, but not at all like you are predicting.
    2015-03-31 08:53 PM
    The gold Watch is not going to loose "half it's value" in a year". The reason for it being SO much more expensive is because of the material. Not the technology. Sure, it will lose some value because of the tech, but not at all like you are predicting.
    I beg to differ, the Apple Watch Edition isn't even worth its own weight in gold. On top of that, something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. A year from now, I doubt there will be many people looking to pay 7.5k for an outdated watch. Especially since a newer model (without gold) will be availiable for significantly less.

Nice watches hold value, nice tech doesn't. If this wasn't true, then the original iPhone would still be kicking around. All its good for now is nostalgia.

The apple watch is a technology item first, and a watch second. And that will be it's biggest problem.
    2015-03-31 09:56 PM
    Gotta agree w/ MrBucket...
    These watches will NOT hold their value unless it's solely as a Collector item. It doesn't matter what material is used, people are paying for the name and it being the first generation.
    2015-04-01 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD