Hi, I'm new to the forum and joined it just to find out if there is a way with the mail software to receive a notice confirming that the email that I have sent has been opened.
    I tried to search the mail menus and could not find anything similar to what exists in win outlook.

Thanks,

Marcel
    2011-04-20 09:24 PM
    I tried researching this a few months ago and there is no easy answer I could find. Not even the outlook for Mac does it.
    2011-04-20 09:36 PM
    ... find out if there is a way with the mail software to receive a notice confirming that the email that I have sent has been opened...
    For something like that to work email providers would have to have a standardized way to communicate. For example: Gmail would need a way to alert MSN that an email was read on their end so it can alert the user.

So I don't believe there's a software solution available. I could be wrong of course, but I haven't seen anything out there. I've heard of various email services providing that feature when sending emails within the same provider. (ie: from one Gmail user to another)
    2011-04-23 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD