User Tag List

  1. sprtn036's Avatar
    I am in the US Marine Corps and have just been stationed in Iwakuni, Japan. I can't read Japanese, but half the web pages I load redirect me to In order to avoid having to constantly change the pages back to English, I want to alter my IP address to one in the US. I've found several tutorials, but with the constant language change and the fact that I'm jetlagged beyond belief, I frankly don't have the patience to figure it out myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2012-07-11 11:09 AM
  2. H4CK3R's Avatar
    I think this tutorial should help you out, it's meant for OS X so it should hopefully work. Change IP Address on Mac OS X (Firefox/Safari)
    2012-07-11 03:42 PM
  3. Scoops98's Avatar
    You could also use a VPN service. Safer too. StrongVPN costs like $55 p/y. High Speed VPN Accounts, 24 Hour Live Help and Unlimited Bandwidth
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2012-07-12 02:46 AM
  4. Cer0's Avatar
    As Scoops said; it is best for you to get a VPN to funnel your connection through.
    2012-07-12 05:34 AM
  5. sprtn036's Avatar
    That definitely looks like the best option. Thank you very much.
    2012-07-12 10:38 AM
  6. BradBrown's Avatar
    You can try browing with the Tor Browser. In TOR you can set your location to the US so it will stop displaying pages in japanese.
    mod edit/link removed
    2012-09-03 06:01 AM
  7. H4CK3R's Avatar
    This question was solved a while ago...
    2012-09-03 06:34 PM