User Tag List

i thought on the new ones the letters were illuminated?

the ones in store don't allow you to turn on the illuminous keyboard for some reason, but i saw on youtube the illuminous keyboard and it looked like thge letters to?

the extra hard drive space is a nice little touch, but its not really worth the money to upgrade i know that. it's just that if im gonna have this for a couple years i dont want a little thing like the keyboard to bug me.

thinking about the extra 2gb ram for £98 but this 2.0 with 2gb is running fine as it is, do you think the extra ram would be worth it?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-01-17 12:10 PM
    the letters are illuminated but at a certain angle you can see that the bottom part of the keys are also brightly illuminated. it would have been nice if ONLY the letters were illuminated and nothing else.
    2009-01-17 01:09 PM
    the letters are illuminated but at a certain angle you can see that the bottom part of the keys are also brightly illuminated. it would have been nice if ONLY the letters were illuminated and nothing else.
    I think that makes it look even cooler, though.

I've never thought it was too bright, either. (Given I've also never been in complete darkness, but you can always turn it down).

And Reeko, I have the 2.4 with 4GB and it's beastly. I got it that way, though, so I can't really compare it to only 2GB RAM.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-01-17 08:07 PM
    Ok, got my new macbook today.

The illuminated keys are perfect. Just as i expected and wanted.

I also upgraded to 4gb of ram.

Transferred apple care over, and altogether i paid £245 more than the base model, but im happier now with the keyboard.

Just a question though: are they supposed to give me the old ddr3 2gb ram? or by upgrading am i effectively giving them the old ram?

Just a note aswell, i now have the matshita drive and it makes a funny noise compared to the other one i had before

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-01-18 05:38 PM
    ^Unfortunately, since you did it through Apple I think they keep it- at least I didn't get mine back.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-01-18 08:00 PM
    Same thing happened to me with my iMac. I thought by buying the wireless keyboard/mouse ones that i'd get the wired keyboard and mouse as well. now im stuck with just wireless. grrrr
    2009-01-19 03:51 AM
    My Invisibleshield arrived last night and i put it on (with some help from my bro)

Officially money WELL SPENT.

Just for gigges ive been spitting on my macbook n just rubbing it off the shield. I even put my dinner plate ontop of it and ate dinner.

Would never have dreamed of doing that before.

3 years time my macbook is gonna be scratch free

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-01-22 12:47 AM
    Man, those are expensive, aren't they? I have a neoprene case, and I was thinking about getting one of those $50 hard-shell type things from Apple, but I don't know if it's worth the money right now.

On another note, I don't know how easy it is to scratch the aluminum, but I would think it's somewhat durable...
    Respect your elders.
    2009-01-22 02:38 AM
    i prefer the hard case than the invisible shield. protects you not just from scratches but even small bumps.
    2009-01-22 06:34 AM
    Ive been reading about heat issues with the hard cases though, and i have read many times that the actual case scratched the macbook itself.

i am really impressed with the invisible shield

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-01-22 07:55 AM
    invisible shields such as invisi and BSE are only good if they are not on white. They start to turn yellow and dull within about 2 weeks (only slightly) but they age the same amount so over a period of a few months they become dingy and off color. If you have a white mac or iphone it shows badly. 6 months is the average lifespan of any BSE type cover. That runs into some $$$$ in maintenance.
    Iíve been here almost 12 years, 10k posts, 1100 thanks. I donít need post approval.
    2009-01-22 05:35 PM
    by lifespan i guess you mean until it turns yellow or something? ill have to look into this

prefer the natural look over a hard case, and anyways, the glossiness matches the glossy screen :P

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-01-22 05:52 PM
    The safari browser for my macbook keeps crashing. Anyone having the same problem? This only happens on my macbook and not on my iMac.
    2009-01-27 06:17 AM
    ^Are you updated with everything? If so maybe try a restart.

Or you could always try a better browser...
    Respect your elders.
    2009-01-27 06:28 PM
    ^Still waiting for the chrome to hit the macs. Im curious, are there any updates i need to download and install manually besides the ones from system preferences>software update for the macbooks?
    2009-01-27 10:55 PM
    ^Not that I'm aware of; that's what I meant when I was asking if your stuff was up to date, just through System Update.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-01-28 12:10 AM
    Not really.

Some third party apps updates don't show up in the software update, you need to open them and check for updates or download an app to check third party software for updates.

I recommend firefox, and 3.1 for the new macbook, it has multi finger gesture support

my favourite bit about firefox is the foxmarks add on keeps my windows + mac browsers bookmarks in sync with eachother, and its free

Suck it up, Sucker
    2009-01-28 12:13 AM
    I have had my white macbook for almost a solid week and Zagg does yellow overtime. I was going to get zagg or invis shield for my macbook but the naked iphone and macbook feel great!
    2009-03-05 05:28 AM
38 12