User Tag List

  1. Money Over's Avatar
    I am travelling to New York tomorrow (Wednesday 9th Frebruary) and I am going to buy myself either a Macbook pro or Macbook air! Orginally I was set on getting myself the 13 inch pro! Until today when I saw here iClarified - Apple News - Best Buy Lists New MacBook Pros With March 11th Release Date that the 13 inch model may be getting updated! Now if thats the case then I would rather spend my money on the 13 inch air as it has already had a major update! I am a student and need the computer for my computer course. I will probably have to dual boot windows on it so I can run oracle and other software! Will the macbook air be good enough? Or should I stick with the pro and hope they only update the harddrive to solid state (because that doesn't really bother me!)
    Thanks Josh
    Signature cleaned...
    2011-02-08 05:24 PM
  2. moon#pie's Avatar
    Wait for the pro. It will only be a little longer. The air won't have enough power and space for you to run windows and other large files.

    Plus, wrong section.
    2011-02-08 05:38 PM
  3. Money Over's Avatar
    Ok, yeah I did think that the air wouldn't have the spec's to do what I needed it to! Now I the decision about the pro! I guess its a gamble! And sorry if its the wrong section!
    Signature cleaned...
    2011-02-08 05:54 PM
  4. moon#pie's Avatar
    Just wait a couple months. That's what I did to get the i5 models.
    2011-02-08 06:11 PM
  5. mustard05's Avatar
    Agreed! Wait it out and you will be happier in the end!
    2011-02-11 01:44 AM
  6. CaptainChaos's Avatar
    You would fair better by buying the current Pro or waiting a little while longer for the next version. Or, paying 1/5 of the price for a PC netbook and slapping Snow Leopard on it if you truly are interested in a netbook.
    2011-02-11 04:39 AM