User Tag List

  1. wgm214's Avatar
    Hey guys, I've got a macbook pro from 2009 that I'm looking to hook up to my olevia tv. I bought a minidisplayport to dvi-i dual link(female) adaptor and am looking to connect this to the dvi-i port(female) on my tv. Should i buy a cable for in between that has two male dvi heads?

    I am mainly concerned whether or not the cable for in between the two dvi-i in ports needs to be dvi-i or not and whether or not it needs to be dual link?
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08
    2011-09-07 12:10 AM
  2. Scoops98's Avatar
    You will need a DVI Male-Male cable. I don't know what cable you need; it depends on your TV's connector. The "i" includes an analog signal. "d" is just digital. If you TV's DVI connector has a gap between the main pins, you have a single link. If no gap, then dual link.

    See photo: FileVI Connector Types.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2011-09-07 06:46 AM
  3. wgm214's Avatar
    Yep both are dvi-i dual link. I was only able to find a dvi-i male to male that was single link tho... will it matter? the way the pins are designed it looks as though it would certainly fit in the dual link ports but I dont know if it's fitting guarantees that it'd work. Any insight on this? And thanks for the great graphic-perfect for identifying dvi ports
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08
    2011-09-08 12:18 AM
  4. Scoops98's Avatar
    It all depends if you TV will take DVI single link signal. It might. Check the specs on your TV and see what it says. Not all computer monitors are dual link, yet they accept a dual link signal. Your TV might be that same.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2011-09-08 02:50 AM