User Tag List

So I've had photoshop CS4 and adobe master collection on my macbook since last december. They always worked perfectly until today

today I was working on a Powerpoint for school using Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac. I was editing a picture in photoshop to use in the pwrpoint and photoshop just froze up. I force-quit it and then went back to my powerpoint. My powerpoint then closed too!

luckily i saved just before, and i opened my powerpoint up again

but when i clicked on photoshop it bounced a few times then said that an error occurred and it closed. this error just repeated. I then tried adobe illustrator and it crashed before opening also. So I uninstalled CS4 Master Collection. I reinstalled Photoshop and it still crashed. looking around the internet told me to turn off airport and disable internet connections but when i do that, it loads the blue loading screen then says Could not initialize photoshop because there is not enough memory (RAM). This is very weird because I have never ever had a problem with low memory (I have 4GB)

so I closed everything except itunes and opened it and it gives the error message "Photoshop quit unexpectedly. click to report, blah blah, relaunch..."

so now i am freaking out because i cant get it to work and my project is due in 23 hours

any help will be appreciated

System:
    13 inch aluminum macbook, late 2008
    2.0 ghz processor
    4GB RAM
    500GB HDD

remember I was running powerpoint and photoshop at the same time
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008
    2009-11-21 06:53 AM
    It sounds like the Photoshop preference file(s) might have corrupted. Try moving it/them to your desktop or deleting and launch Photoshop. You can find those files in: Home Folder > Library > Preferences. Search (Command-F or File > Find) for "Photoshop" or "Adobe." Make sure the the "preferences" folder is selected when you search.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
    2009-11-21 08:46 AM
    i dont really remember what i did but i fixed it

i fixed disk permissions and downloaded some file from adobe and put it in the plug ins then restarted

thanks for the reply
    Circa 2008
    2009-11-21 10:30 PM
    Hi, do you have more info on how u fixed the issue?
    2009-11-24 12:42 PM
    Hi, do you have more info on how u fixed the issue?
    Restart the computer is really the thing that fixed it lol
    Circa 2008
    2009-11-26 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD