User Tag List

Macbook using Safari 5.0.3 I am getting bct files from certain sites. Yes the file says bct and no extension. They automatically download into my download folder, they are a blank file and zero in size.

Peeps from these two links are getting them also... they don't know if they are related to ads or the last Safari update. EDIT: Peeps have got these from earlier versions of Safari also... If you get them or got them and know how to stop it let us know because I don't know what to do at this time to stop it and they don't either.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Is that a virus? ...

Anybody else getting "BCT" file download when viewing ebay items? in Community Help Boards in Community

edit: I also cleaned out my cash, reset the browser etc... running a virus scan so far nothing and also added a ad blocker and still happens...

Thanks!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2010-12-24 at 06:30 AM. Reason: edit
    2010-12-24 06:07 AM
    I'm getting this, too. It's a zero kb document (I also opened it with nano under terminal and there was nothing in it). Any help?
    2010-12-26 03:38 AM
    Did you right click and then info to see what that says?

They appear to be related to ads on certain sites.
    2010-12-26 06:15 AM
    Is this a bug or exploit in Safari?

I suggest that you switch to a different internet browser if it doesn't stop.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!
    2010-12-27 04:09 AM
    ^ Who knows.. it just started to do on my computer..... I did read that someone stated that they think it has something to do with ads on certain sites...
    2010-12-27 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD