Ive been reading online where this app OpenSSH is cause my IPhone battery to be drained. Do I really need this app and can I unistall it without any future problems.. Also what can I do to improve my battery strentgh
    2007-10-14 07:23 AM
    I'd suggest installing Services.app (available on Installer.app). It allows you to turn SSH on and off whenever you want. By the way, I never noticed much change in battery life.
    2007-10-14 07:27 AM
    SSH misteriously disappeared from the selection list on services.app, but SSH is running find, any idea what happened?
    2007-10-24 06:35 AM
    SSH misteriously disappeared from the selection list on services.app, but SSH is running find, any idea what happened?
    Same thing happened to me. Please do help.

2007-10-25 04:28 AM
    I have a wierder one. i remember installing the ssh from independence. and after doing all the fun stuff of installing apps and junk i remebered something about the ssh makes your battery life short. so i launched independence and the install ssh button is highlighted as if I never installed it. so i then launched the installer and installed open ssh app and the switcher app. now here is the wierd stuff. when i slide the slider to on for the ssh it turns on. and i click the home button and back to switcher and its on off. i can't connect to my iphone and it's driving me nutz.
    i'm on 1.1.1 unlock i with anysim 1.1.0
    2007-10-25 06:17 PM
    I installer services app in 1.1.1 and like everyone else I saw SSH for a second and then is disappeared. What you need to use is UIctl that way you can turn off the launch daemon. When u start UIctl then go tot he bottom and it should either be something ssh. Unload -w and it will be off. Then to turn it back on just load -w.
    2007-10-26 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD