Hi, I am trying to Enable International Support for 1.1.1
    but currently stuck at the OSX terminal
    Somehow i don't know how to navigate M68AP.plist folder so i can manually modify it.

I have no problem with signing in with terminal

Please help. Thanks in advance
    2007-10-21 04:08 AM
    it might just be easier to download Cyberduck and log into your phone that way, then navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app the M68AP.plist file is in there, open that up with BBEdit and change the <false/> under <key>international</key> to <true/>
    2007-10-21 04:27 AM
    thanks a lot man, but i am having a bigger problem right now.. my iphone's display is not reacting . it just show me the silver apple logo and won't do anything..
    but itunes can open the iphone, even can sync anything onto it.
    what if i restore my iphone, am i able to get back to 1.1.1.? or that will brick my phone?
    i used anysim 1.1 to unlock
    2007-10-21 05:18 AM
    thats a good question. if you restore, the phones not going to be jailbroken, so youll have to do that again, and im not sure what it will do to the baseband. if it does brick the phone, i guess you could always downgrade to 1.0.2 and virginize the baseband and start over, but no guarantees that it will work... sorry
    2007-10-21 06:53 AM
    restoring the iphone to 1.1.1 will not harm the baseband. it will remain unlocked but not activated and jailed. unfortunately, independence can't activate 1.1.1 without going through the process of downgrading to 1.0.2, pre 1.1.1 upgrade, etc. i'm sure there's an easier way of activating and jailbraking. can anyone chime in? thanks!
    2007-10-21 10:09 AM
    restoring the iphone to 1.1.1 will not harm the baseband. it will remain unlocked but not activated and jailed. unfortunately, independence can't activate 1.1.1 without going through the process of downgrading to 1.0.2, pre 1.1.1 upgrade, etc. i'm sure there's an easier way of activating and jailbraking. can anyone chime in? thanks!
    excatly, but if i downgrade it using iNdependence, i can't come back to 1.1.1 because it's not a virgin iphone anymore isn't it?
    2007-10-21 11:57 AM
    Same happend to me last night! You can just recover to 1.1.1 with itunes and then start over again. I used the tutorial at hacktheiphone(dot)com. Works great and it is not that long as it looks like!
    Your phone will remain ulocked when you recover in itunes. So no problem!!
    Signature? Why?
    2007-10-21 12:15 PM
    I can confirm that your iPhone will remain unlocked after a 1.1.1 restore..

The Apple silver logo thing happened to me too. NOT fun. There must be an easier way of getting the phone going again after this situation. I mean we have full SSH/SCP access...
    2007-10-21 02:27 PM
    but then how did you guys reactivate and jailbreak the phone?
    iNdependence won't do that unless you are on 1.0.2
    2007-10-21 03:13 PM
    Ahh. I'm on windows. And did a ton of manual hacks
    2007-10-21 04:03 PM
    Ahh. I'm on windows. And did a ton of manual hacks
    at least you can do the activation. but mac
    2007-10-21 08:51 PM
    I do have TRUE under the International in the M...plist file, but on my iphone, it's not showing international section in the general section. why why? help/ Thanks
    2007-10-25 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD