im currently in 1.0.2 and im not to thrilled to learn another method to upgrade to 1.1.1. But the main reason im afraid is that software will eventually be 1.1.1 only. Will this happen? thx
    2007-10-23 04:07 AM
    most likely...before the unlock.app everything was 1.0.1 but after unlock.app.it called for 1.0.2 so every body upgraded and now you never here of 1.0.1!
    2007-10-23 04:13 AM
    Eventually 1.0.2 will be unsupported, but who knows how it will work with programs.

I'm just staying on 1.0.2 for now.
    I'll upgrade when I have too.
    =D
    2007-10-23 04:16 AM
    Now that there is a jailbreak, everyone is moving forward, no reason to hold back. Might as well catch up now.
    2007-10-23 04:25 AM
    Now that there is a jailbreak, everyone is moving forward, no reason to hold back. Might as well catch up now.
    its people with the unlocked 1.0.2 that are afraid of upgrading..dont blame them
    2007-10-23 04:27 AM
    your right unlocked is whats still confusing but for now ill just wait till it was as easy as unlocking 1.0.2
    2007-10-23 04:35 AM
    I'm waiting for leopard and the changes that it may bring.
    2007-10-23 04:45 AM
    my battery life seems to go to sh$% with 1.1.1. i'm back to 1.0.2 to investigate. anybody else with me on that?
    Main Phone: 2.0 / AT&T
    Test Phone: sold

Don't forget to thank me
    2007-10-23 04:47 AM
    If you can run apps on 111 and the battery life is fine then why on earth would you stay on 102?
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.
    2007-10-23 07:02 AM
    i love the new double space and period autocorrect feature as well as the home button double tap to get to my ipod controls

safari seems to run better than before too, but that may just be me

id say definately upgrade unless you have unlocked, most apps have been update to work with 1.1.1 and few will continue to support 1.0.1
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-10-23 07:12 AM
    iNdependence is one of the easiest programs to follow to activate and jailbreak your phone to 1.1.1. Their help files are very step-by-step and easy to follow.
    Chris 'cWanja' Wanja
    [email protected]
     Apple Genius - Retail
    Do not forget to "thank me" for helping!
    2007-10-23 01:31 PM
    I think the single biggest reason for not upgrading is the lack of wifi. Correct me if I'm wrong but every single jailbreak method out needs a wifi connection to work. I don't have access to wifi at home nor do I want to go buy wifi equipment for the sole purpose of jailbreaking my phone.
    Last edited by smoovie; 2007-10-23 at 04:22 PM.
    2007-10-23 04:20 PM
    im currently in 1.0.2 and im not to thrilled to learn another method to upgrade to 1.1.1. But the main reason im afraid is that software will eventually be 1.1.1 only. Will this happen? thx
    It's already happened. Summberboard 3 only works on 1.1.1 and I'm sure there's more to come.

I think the single biggest reason for not upgrading is the lack of wifi. Correct me if I'm wrong but every single jailbreak method out needs a wifi connection to work. I don't have access to wifi at home nor do I want to go buy wifi equipment for the sole purpose of jailbreaking my phone.
    There's very good prices on Wireless Routers. This would do the trick for you.

my battery life seems to go to sh$% with 1.1.1. i'm back to 1.0.2 to investigate. anybody else with me on that?
    Are you still disabling SSH when you don't need it?
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-10-23 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-23 05:05 PM
    Hopefully it will be. And soon.

1.0.2 and the unlocks people used on it were a disaster. The sooner people let go of it and move forward the sooner the software devs can get back to the business of creating apps and working with the current and future versions f the phone in stead of hanging on to the older, outdated firmware.

Just think how many new and useful apps for 1.1.1 could have been worked on and improved in the time it's taken the authors to restore and fix 1.0.2?
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette
    2007-10-23 05:17 PM
    Hopefully it will be. And soon. Just think how many new and useful apps for 1.1.1 could have been worked on and improved in the time it's taken the authors to restore and fix 1.0.2?
    But on the other hand, look how many disasters have happened to people who did upgrade. Loss of functions, loss of services, many have gone back to 1.0.2 just to get their phone working again.
    2007-10-23 05:23 PM
    But on the other hand, look how many disasters have happened to people who did upgrade. Loss of functions, loss of services, many have gone back to 1.0.2 just to get their phone working again.
    The losses weren't caused by 1.1.1

They were caused by 1.0.2, the bug that was exploited with it and the damage AnySIM 1.0.2 and iUnlock did to the baseband

Yes I know they went back to 1.0.2 to get a working (sorta) phone. But there are fixes for that now - both free and for a fee. Hanging on to 1.0.2 at this point is only holding back the creators of the apps.

Supporting 2 platforms is a lot of work, especially when you've taken so much time and effort to enable people to move away from the older platform. Asking them to continue to support something they already worked so hard to allow you to leave behind isn't realistic.
    2007-10-23 05:31 PM
    I was on 1.0.2 untill this sunday that passed the reason I had stayed with 1.0.2 is cuz the apps didn't work on 1.1.1 till now..now im loving 1.1.1!!
    2007-10-23 05:35 PM
    The losses weren't caused by 1.1.1
    Actually, yes they were caused by 1.1.1

Many people I've talked to since updating to 1.1.1 have now lost VM ability, no longer receive notifications for SMS, VM, Missed calls. Badges remain on the phone even when messages have been checked. All of these were alleviated when going back to 1.0.2
    2007-10-23 05:47 PM
    Actually, yes they were caused by 1.1.1

Many people I've talked to since updating to 1.1.1 have now lost VM ability, no longer receive notifications for SMS, VM, Missed calls. Badges remain on the phone even when messages have been checked. All of these were alleviated when going back to 1.0.2
    Retrograding is not a fix. Instead of shackling the software devs to making 1.0.2 work, let them fix the issues in 1.1.1

Every time someone goes back to 1.0.2 they just cost precious R and D time for the future.
    2007-10-23 05:50 PM
    Retrograding is not a fix. Instead of shackling the software devs to making 1.0.2 work, let them fix the issues in 1.1.1

Every time someone goes back to 1.0.2 they just cost precious R and D time for the future.
    Yes, you seem to keep harping on that issue. And I can assure you 1.0.2 users have already been left behind, as noted earlier. All updates and new programs coming out either ONLY work on 1.1.1 or have the notation "1.1.1 recommended" so your argument doesn't hold much water.

Additionally, the problems I outlined with 1.1.1 are not something the developers have a fix for. It's Apple's new firmware that is causing problems with communications with the different carriers. And we can only hope these will be rectified on 1.1.2
    2007-10-23 05:55 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD