OK, here's a new one, at least one I haven't heard here before:

What if, for example, I just don't care at all about unlocking my iPhone (which I don't, I know, it's rare...). I really don't have any reason to. I'm at 1.0.2 right now, and I've got my iPhone set up the way I like it. Custom icons, native apps, Customize, Summerboard, iSwitcher, etc. How much of that is going to give me grief after I update to 1.1.1? I'm of the general belief that when it's time to upgrade, do it. No point in staying at 1.0.2 if things are moving forward.

There has been hundreds of threads about this, but the majority of them concerned locked/unlocked status. In other words, will I easily be able to get it back to the way it is now after upgrading to 1.1.1. Another concern is, I'll bet 1.1.2 is right around the corner... That might set a few things back. Three steps forward, 2 steps back...

-Berserker
    2007-10-23 06:06 AM
    I'm in the same spot. I love my 1.0.2 setup. Besides security, why should I upgrade and if I did, what would be different (e.g. homescreen pages left
    instead of scolling up)?
    2007-10-23 07:04 AM
    it wont take long at all to get back to the way you were pre-update

back up your summerboard themes and customize directories, and follow the wiki guides step by step

id say the upgrade is worth it to stay on the cutting edge.. and i really like the new sideways scrolling, double tap home button shortcut, and the mobile itunes store
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-10-23 08:16 AM
    Pros: You get the added stability and quickness of the 1.1.1 update, the iTunes store (i dont care but some might), you get the double tap home button thing which is really cool, and you get to have all the hacks and custom apps/images/themes 1.02 had.

Cons: None
    iLive an iLife
    2007-10-23 08:52 AM
    Beginning to sound like a good idea. Can you point me to the best wiki guides, the most concise, step-by-step guides, that take you through the whole 1.0.2 -> 1.1.1 update/jailbreak/ssh install/etc., "putting it all back the way it was" procedure? Also, tips and warnings from experience are always appreciated...

Thanks again,

-Berserker
    2007-10-23 11:46 AM
    not to forget the volumes have increased too in v1.1.1
    2007-10-23 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD