User Tag List

Now that iActivate runs on PPC mac's, I'm working on my G4 to unlock and add ringtones to my iPhone. I sucessfully ran iActivate and jailbreak was fantastic. My phone is now writeable. I have iPhoneinterface running in my terminal and I was able to create the ringtones folder.

Now I have that test CTU.mp3 file and when i type in putfile CTU.mp3 I get the following error: Problem with AFCFileRefOpen: 7.

Now I am running all files from phonedmg folder in my home directory and I have the CTU.mp3 file in that folder as well. I searched all around for this error but I have no clue what is happening. Can anyone here shed some light on this?

Thanks!!
    2007-07-28 04:30 AM
    Paste your Terminal session in here...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-28 04:45 AM
    As requested, here is my Terminal session:

Jonas:~ Aaron$ /Users/Aaron/phonedmg/iPhoneInterface; exit
    iPhoneInterface v0.3.3 built on Jul 11 2007

Waiting for phone... established.
    iPhone state: Activated
    type "help" for help
    iPhone:/# cd var/root/Library/Ringtones
    iPhone:/var/root/Library/Ringtones/# putfile CTU.mp3
    Problem with AFCFileRefOpen: 7
    iPhone:/var/root/Library/Ringtones/#
    2007-07-28 04:50 AM
    I have had that error before, had to re-jailbreak it.
    2007-07-28 06:47 AM
    I have had that error before, had to re-jailbreak it.
    Did that, didn't work. Same error.
    2007-07-28 03:06 PM
    hmm, try downloading iphone interface and the dlls. Something might have gotten corrupt. I was getting that error at one time and just re-downloaded the files. Good luck. Sorry if I wasn't any help.
    2007-07-28 03:21 PM
    hmm, try downloading iphone interface and the dlls. Something might have gotten corrupt. I was getting that error at one time and just re-downloaded the files. Good luck. Sorry if I wasn't any help.
    Ya, I tried that too. Talk about frustrating!
    2007-07-28 05:23 PM
    wow. um have you restored, and then jailbreaked it again?
    2007-07-28 05:35 PM
    I've restored my iPhone but now.... I can't jailbreak it!! Ugh. iActivate runs and says my jailbreak ran sucessfully but the status of the phone doesn't show as jailbroken. I only get an option to jailbreak it again. I have no clue what is going on here. For simple ringtones, this process is getting frustrating.
    2007-07-28 07:20 PM
    ok redownload jailbreak and iphoneinterface and anything else ur using. Run Jailbreak and try again. If that works then use iphoneinterface but try typing out "putfile /var/root/Library/Ringtones/CTU.mp3". That might do it.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Old School Gaming Matrix
    Deviant Art
    "Don't think you can, know you can"

2007-07-28 08:21 PM
    ok redownload jailbreak and iphoneinterface and anything else ur using. Run Jailbreak and try again. If that works then use iphoneinterface but try typing out "putfile /var/root/Library/Ringtones/CTU.mp3". That might do it.
    I did redownload all the apps but the odd part is that while jail break doesnt say the phone has been broke, I can still mkdir the Ringtones directory. Anyhow, I will try that way to upload the file and see if that works.

Thanks for the info.

***UPDATE: Nope. Doesn't work. Same error
    ***UPDATE 2: I got Jailbreak to work by removing it's .plist file from my Library. While I can break the phone again, I still get the same write error when trying to copy the file. FYI, I get the same error when trying to copy ANY file to the phone, not just the mp3.

...Anyone?

...Anyone?
    Last edited by Slider10; 2007-07-29 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-07-29 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD