Ok, so I searched all over the site, and I saw the "how-to's".... but I am just LOST as to how to get different icons and such onto my iphone... I tried the jailbreak, but nothing shows up on my iphone after 20-30 minutes... any help is appreciated.
    2007-12-05 01:33 AM
    Which software version are you running? Jailbraking differs with versions. Also, what method have you tried?
    2007-12-05 04:57 AM
    I dont even know bud. Now my Iphone is locked, and I can't do anything with it!
    2007-12-05 05:25 AM
    Ohhhh.....ummmm......that sucks!
    2007-12-05 05:31 AM
    it says to sync, then restore with 1.0.2 -- so I tried that, then an error comes up and says it cannot be complete then I have to completely restore the iphone, which takes about 10-15 minutes, and I still cant get this **** to work, and its very frustrating... im using itunes 7.5

where can i find the itunes compatible with independence?
    Last edited by Drewsive; 2007-12-05 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-05 05:34 AM
    Running 1.0.2 would be your easiest bet for modding. Version 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 is alot more involved for Jailbreaking. If your restore isnt working right, my suggestion is to try re-downloading the firmware version if you can, sometimes you get a bad "apple" hahaha, download that is corrupt. If you search around, older versions (like 1.0.2) can be found, as to where I dont know off hand.
    2007-12-05 05:34 AM
    i got it from this site... can you suggest any other site?
    2007-12-05 05:35 AM
    I dont off hand, you could try searching google, or just try re-downloading from this site, it may have just been a bad download, but not necessarly a bad file from this site.
    2007-12-05 05:37 AM
    arghhh this is frustrating.... apptapp will not install any of the firmwires..... why not?!?!?!
    2007-12-05 05:54 AM
    I'm confused as to what you are trying to do..
    first you said that you just want to get different icons on your phone,
    then you said that the iphone is locked.

so, am I right in assuming that you have a fresh iphone that has never been activated, jailbroken, OR unlocked? What guide were you using?
    2007-12-05 06:41 AM
    ok let me try to explain this again... I have 1.1.2, and I was told I need to downgrade to 1.0.2 to do some modding. well I installed AppTapp or whatever, and clicked on 1.0.2 after closing Itunes. It then went to install, and right before it all ended -- it said there was some error and could not continue. I am trying to install other applications, but this is getting so frustrating!!!
    2007-12-05 04:03 PM
    It sounds to me like your phone is not jailbroken. I'm not sure why someone suggested you go down to 1.0.2 from 1.1.2 to jailbreak, but let's see if I can help you. You mentioned Independence in an earlier post and iTunes 7.5. That is what I used to to jailbreak mine the other night. Summerboard completely messed up my phone and I had to do a restore so I just used this guide two nights ago. It is pretty easy to follow. Where it says you will be "downgrading to 1.1.1", you will actually be upgrading, but that's ok. Try using this guide and if you get stuck, send me a PM, or you can just post back to this thread and I will try to check it throughout the day.

I think you may be a little confused. The first thing you need to do is get Installer on your phone (AppTapp). Once you have Installer on your phone, then you open Installer and that is where you find the other programs for your phone.

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...g_OS_X_current
    2007-12-05 04:53 PM
    I sent you a PM.... My iphone has been "waiting for activation" for about an hour now, and says that it has no service
    2007-12-05 07:06 PM
    You'll find people around here will be more likely to help if you provide clear, accurate information about your experience and steps to date. Responses like '...well I installed AppTapp or whatever...' cause many to just ignore your post.

I suggest you shut your phone off -- NOT put it to sleep -- and start from square one.
    2007-12-05 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD