I keep running into problems trying to jailbreak my phone, and it keeps happening when my phone i plugged in and it reboots or something and iTunes automatically launches and does something I don't want it to do, like activate the phone. How do I stop it from launching on its own, in OS X or in Windows? I have been trying both?

OK, I am having a little trouble here. I am now at the point where I have run OKtoPrep and am ready to update again to 1.1.2.

Now last timeI tried this on my MAC I got an error 1106 or something like that. After searching the forums I took someones advice and used a different computer which worked fine. When it was restarting I disconnected it and when I did I got the background that shows the phone is in recovery mode, but I also got the "Slide for Emergency" slide at the bottom. So I plug it into my MAC so I can run the 1.1.2 Jailbrek software and ofcourse iTunes opens and does something? I then run the 1.1.2 Jailbreak Software and I get to the Jailbreaking... Rebooting Device box and nothing happens.

I think my problem is that can't get iTunes to stop opening and trying to activate the phone. Is there something different I should try?
    Last edited by jjk454ss; 2007-12-22 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-22 08:30 AM
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread....86922&#6086922 talks about the opposite!

summary page for the iPhone in iTunes has the option.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1
    2007-12-22 08:40 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I just got everything finished and it appears to be working well. I got around the stupid iTunes problem by just disconnecting from the Internet so tht when iTunes opened it couldn't activate the phone.

Now I am off the see what cool new things I can do with my iPhone.

Thanks for the great guide.
    2007-12-22 08:52 AM
    I Want To Know Lol
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-23 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD