User Tag List

Hey guys, i havent really posted because i sold my 8gb iphone, but i got the 16gb a couple of days ago, and im happy to be back to the iPhone.

anyways i found that springboard.strings on 1.1.4 is different, and you cant see the <key> etc that i could on 1.1.3 is there any way to customize the slide to unlock and those sort of messages? maybe the file that is used in 1.1.4 is no longer the same one or in the same directory? anyone figured it out? Thanks in Advance
    2008-03-01 09:31 PM
    i was looking at this myself trying to edit the springboard.strings file. Although I was able to find this file any changes I made to it seemed to have no effect on it. I ssh'd it onto my phone and then restarted it but no changes I made seemed to change anything.

Anyone know how to change these strings so we can get rid of that crappy text? thanks.
    2008-03-02 07:04 AM
    The file is still language specific, so the english version is here:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

I compared my 1.1.4 to my 1.1.2 and other than having 240 vs 220 (1.1.4 - 1.1.2) the file is still an xml file and reads the same. Not sure why you'd have problems but perhaps it's a permissions problem.
    2008-03-05 10:10 PM
    you can use customize to edit the strings like always...just follow this simple guide

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...18&postcount=7
    2008-03-06 02:41 AM
    I Used The Modded Customize Version By Skylar And It Worked On Mine...im Using An Unlocked 16gb Iphone 1.1.4 Ziphone Method
    2008-03-06 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD