I'm trying to SFTP into my phone. When I put in the IP Address then the root and hit enter. I get Warning: Remote Host Identification has changed and won't go any further. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Thanks...

Marc
    2007-09-09 03:15 AM
    I've seen that error when doing an ssh via Terminal, but for SFTP I usually use an application like Transmit. When ssh pops this up, it usually asks if you wish to continue, at which point you just type Yes and it continues with the connection.

How exactly are you doing the SFTP?
    2007-09-09 05:40 AM
    if you dont use SSH for anything other than your iphone, you can just go into /Users/yourusername/.ssh/ and rename the known_hosts file to known_hosts.bak try SSH again...you should be good to go. i'm sure there's a way to do this from SSH on your mac, but i'm not an SSH guru. what this does is removes the config file that says that your iphone MAC address should be tied to a specific encrypted key. It's the double check that ensures that you are securely connecting to a location. you will have to re-connect and say "yes" the first time you reconnect to allow SSH to re-write the known_hosts file.
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable
    2007-09-09 11:48 AM
    Just type this in your terminal window:

rm /Users/YourUserName/.ssh/known_hosts

That'll fix it and have it create a new known_hosts file next time you try to SSH.
    [r a y n e]
    2007-09-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD