Recently after installing SummerBoard 2.1, I proceeded to add the user HighTyme's sources into installer.app. This provided several new themes for download.

The problem began immediately after installing the theme. I realized it had installed 3 new apps onto the springBoard.
    Frustrated, I proceeded to uninstall the theme from installer.app.
    Then to my surprise, after uninstalling, more apps popped up on my springboard.

The original icons I had were also not recoverable!

I sshed into the phone, and found these empty apps inside the /Application folder. Also, the phone would freeze from time to time!

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is a summerboard glitch, or a theme dev with a mal intent. Until more is revealed, do not install from the sources provided from HighTymes.

I did not try the iSwitcher themes provided by his sources, so I do not know if it's only a summerBoard thing.

Any new info?

I will soon proceed to restore my phone, after I try all alternatives.
    Best Regards
    2007-09-16 12:34 AM
    I am running SummerBoard 2.1 and iSwitcher 1.0 without any problems. I can load whatever themes I choose.

Your warning is however good advice. HighTymes has already removed all but the Stock theme to prevent future problems. If you haven't already, perhaps you could try installing that theme as it is intended to install all the original icons.

Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-17 at 02:44 AM.
    2007-09-16 04:35 AM
    where do i can I get I switcher?????
    Thanks,

Timbo
    2007-09-17 02:11 AM
    Install IBrickr if you use windows. Finally I've been waiting for the ISwitcher in IBrikr! Thanks GReg!
    2007-09-17 02:32 AM
    Of course, I saw your message about 7 hours too late and just installed a few themes for SummerBoard. And, immediately noticed some funky stuff going on (Terminal on my Mac would immediately time out after 3 key presses; same behavior in Terminal on the iPhone). Tried removing the themes and just bricked my iPhone. Trying to do a full system wipe now.
    2007-09-17 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD