User Tag List

I installed Summerboard, and iSwitcher a few days ago. Everything with iSwitcher is good except for the fact that when I add themes through iFuntastic, they show up on the phone in preview, but won't work.....but that's another story.

With Summerboard, no matter which theme I choose, the SMS icon will not change from the stock image. In some cases, all of the third party app icons will change too....but not SMS. I had to restore the phone last night, and it's still doing it.

Any ideas what could be causing the SMS icon to NOT change?

Thanks,

DW
    2007-09-25 04:10 AM
    on summerboard, make sure the name is Text.png NOT MobileSMS.png
    2007-09-25 04:12 AM
    Do you mean make sure the SMS icon is labeled Text.png in each theme? I checked and they all say Text.png.

If you meant something else.....please explain further.

Thanks,

DW
    2007-09-25 08:29 AM
    Ok..lets try manually.
    Get your SMS icon and name it icon.png and install it here..

/Applications/MobileSMS.app/icon.png

and see if that works.
    It could be your displayorder.plist file...not so sure, but do the step above and see if it would change the icon out.
    2007-09-25 08:36 AM
    Ok....I changed the icon manually like you said, and it changed on the screen. But when I switched themes in Summerboard, it stayed the same.

DW
    2007-09-25 11:06 PM
    perhaps there is a glitch while downloading summerboard and iswitcher. Uninstall both apps...and reinstall both again. The displayorder.plist file is probably telling the app to keep it as default at all time.
    2007-09-26 04:45 AM
    You by any chance renamed the sms name ("text") to something else when you first modded? I had this problem with a couple of icons not changing when using SummerBoard but only the ones that I renamed earlier under the LocalizedApplicationNames.strings. ...or....
    Try replacing the icon.png with the factory (original) icon for the text or sms app.
    2007-09-26 05:56 AM
    thanks sunny this helped me too manualy changing it.
    2008-10-03 03:34 PM
    I just tested this on 3.1.2 and the icon has to be MobileSMS.png in the theme before you apply it in winterboard.

Thanks!!
    2009-10-28 09:27 PM
    I just tested this on 3.1.2 and the icon has to be MobileSMS.png in the theme before you apply it in winterboard.

Thanks!!
    Wait how do I change the code for a theme manually? on iPhone or on desktop? Just jailbroke my iPhone last night, so I'm a noob.
    2009-12-13 07:34 AM
    I'm on 3.1.2 and both MobileSMS.png & Text.png aren't working..
    Anyone know what to name it?

edit: Messages.png works.
    Last edited by Christybu; 2010-02-02 at 12:37 AM.
    2010-02-02 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD