Hi-

I thought I would give modding a try and I seem to be having a bit of trouble right out of the gate. I followed the guide located under the "Guides" menu on this site. Starting with step 1, I ensured that I have the latest iPhone firmware (1.0.2) and the most recent iTunes version.

I was able to install the Installer.app on my iPhone and the Community Source and BSD Subsystems but when I try to install the openSSH app. I receive the following error message:

"Package file size mismatch"

The version of openSSH I am trying to install is 4.61-1; is there a newer version of this I should be trying to install? If so, how do I get it on my iPhone and where do I download it from?

Finally, my iPhone is "locked"; does this matter? Should I unlock it first? The Guide on this site didn't mention unlocking the iPhone before doing any of this...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to give this a try.

Thanks much,
    S

P.S. I'm using Max OS X on a Mac Mini
    2007-09-26 04:48 AM
    Just keep trying to install OpenSSH despite the "mismatch" prompt (may be your signal isn't optimal?). This happens to a few of the files the Installer tries to download, at least in my case. But they eventually installed. Good luck!
    2007-09-26 06:09 PM
    Yes- that worked like a charm. Thank you!
    2007-09-26 06:34 PM
    I have exactly the same problem here...

I had try to install it many times without success, also I share my MacBook Pro connection in order to asure an optimal connection to the iPhone WiFi, nothing works.

Is there any other way to install those apps?

TIA!
    2007-09-27 06:27 AM
    my problem is openSSH doesn't even show up as an option to install -- have refreshed numerous times -- any suggestions??
    2007-09-30 02:47 AM
    I have the same problem. OpenSSH doesn't even show up in apptap. Is there another way to install it?

Update: 9/29/2007 10:40pm

I installed SSH from iNdependence and could login using root and dottie. I was able to upload the unlock app and run it. Success!!!

For what it's worth, after the 20 minute unlock process I went back into the Installer app and OpenSSH had re-appeared.
    Last edited by murf24; 2007-09-30 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Update
    2007-09-30 03:25 AM
    must be the community sources server is down.... i hope it´s´fixed soon
    2007-09-30 03:35 AM
    I have the same problem. OpenSSH doesn't even show up in apptap. Is there another way to install it?

Update: 9/29/2007 10:40pm

I installed SSH from iNdependence and could login using root and dottie. I was able to upload the unlock app and run it. Success!!!

For what it's worth, after the 20 minute unlock process I went back into the Installer app and OpenSSH had re-appeared.

Hi how did you install open SSH ? what method to do?
    2007-10-09 12:04 AM
    you have to install community services which you will find in your app tapp. Then all the other programs that are available will show up including SSH
    2007-10-30 12:39 AM
    Hi
    Can anyone help me???

I've downloaded the WinSCP into my PC. Have downloaded BSD Subsystem and now having problem downloading the OpenSSH.

I've dl the community sources but I cannot find OpenSSH. I dont know why!!

I'm running on 1.1.4 version.

Many thanks in advance!

k00kie
    2008-05-02 10:03 AM
    @ k00kie,do you have the LATEST version of ComunitySources installed?
    2008-05-02 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD