I have tried using both Customize and the SSH method to get my carrier logo to show up. Right now it just says Rogers Wireless no matter what I do. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by cgoldie; 2007-10-03 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    2007-10-03 12:28 AM
    Basically what I have found out is since its not an image on the phone you cant change it. I am on Cellular Ones network and cannot change my logo either. What I tried to do was create a new image with my Carriers name in it but that did not work, you might be able to try that.

I think what it does is just grab it dynamically over the wireless instead of trying to grab an image since one does not exist for it.
    2007-10-03 06:21 PM
    I have tried using both Customize and the SSH method to get my carrier logo to show up. Right now it just says Rogers Wireless no matter what I do. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks in advance.
    Me. And through a little searching I got a solution. You need to hack the Springboard to always show AT&T no matter what carrier you're with, and then swap out the AT&T logo with your own. I made my own Rogers Logo. I can email both of em to you PM if you wish.
    2007-10-03 06:24 PM
    please describe how to hack it to always show att logo.
    2007-10-04 08:33 PM
    I get the same problem with my tmobile sim card but when I use my friend's att sim card I can switch the logo carrier without any issues. So I'm thinking it's because of how the way my tmobile sim card is build
     Think Different
    2007-10-04 08:46 PM
    Go here http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6727

Then download the file which is a hacked version of springboard from the link. Your going to need to change the permission of that file to 755 or 777 make sure you download a copy from your phone just in case you need to replace it if something goes wrong.
    2007-10-04 08:58 PM
    Go here http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6727

Then download the file which is a hacked version of springboard from the link. Your going to need to change the permission of that file to 755 or 777 make sure you download a copy from your phone just in case you need to replace it if something goes wrong.
    already tried and still doesn't work for me
     Think Different
    2007-10-04 09:44 PM
    please describe how to hack it to always show att logo.
    1. Open up Springboard binary (not Springboard.app) in a HEX editor.
    2. Goto to Offset 3787C
    3. Replace 0500000A with 0000A0E1
    4. Save and put Springboard binary back in Springboard.app
    5. Reboot iPhone

Now, no matter what carrier you're with, you should see AT&T. You can of course now replace the Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png icons with whatever you like.

This is for Firmware 1.02 only.
    2007-10-04 11:56 PM
    I had the exact same problem. I am on T-Mobile Austria

Now it works perfect! thanks!!
    Signature? Why?
    2007-10-07 02:19 AM
    @junbi82: I am currently in UK using Austrian tele.ring, after modding the springboard binary EDGE could not be activated anymore, it works well with local SIM cards. So I sadly reverted to the original file (got so used to the tripleX carrier logo ;-) ).
    rgds
    eRay
    2007-10-14 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD