hey gang... New at posting but been viewing forever... I have been looking all over these boards but can't find the answer. Is it safe yet or how will i know if/when i can update to 1.1.1? i have a modded phone but Not unlocked. I used Apptap to install installer. I use AT&T. sorry for the rambling just need an answer.

Thanks
    2007-10-13 12:56 AM
    yes its safe, but you'll have to reinstall all your apps and a few dont work with 1.1.1, a good site for checking which do and which dont is here. a tutorial for updating to 1.1.1 and jailbreaking can be found here: osx and windows.
    2007-10-13 02:09 AM
    thanks for the info... but what if i just want to update to 1.1.1 without adding the apps? what if i just want to update and leave it stock for a while. heard of some people getting the sim error and i dont want to be one of the unlucky ones. I love all these apps but the step by step tutorial seems a little much for me to handle even know it reads step by step. just want an easy reasuring way to get my phone to 1.1.1 without having a error!

thanks for your help.
    2007-10-13 03:30 AM
    Well you said it yourself, its all about luck, I highly doubt you will get an error conisdering it is not unlocked, I would suggest restoring it so it is completely stock than update to 1.1.1 your almost 100% assured no errors.. Also about the tutorial, Im sure within a week or so apptapp will be availavle for 1.1.1 and everything will be just like it was(fingers crossed)
    2007-10-13 03:38 AM
    I strongly recommend a full 1.0.2 restore and then install the 1.1.1 jailbreak method. The install / hack goes 100x times smoother, more reliable and faster on a fully restored phone.

My Ø2¢
    2007-10-13 04:06 AM
    I strongly recommend a full 1.0.2 restore and then install the 1.1.1 jailbreak method. The install / hack goes 100x times smoother, more reliable and faster on a fully restored phone.

My Ø2¢
    the 1.1.1 jailbreak method is the step by step process correct? guess i'm affraid i'm going to screw up something with one of the steps. Are you saying that if i just restore 1.0.2 and then just have itunes update to 1.1.1 i could still be in for trouble??? I'm affraid i'm going to be stuck with 1.0.2 for as long as i own this phone....

you guys rock for having all the knowledge that others like me lack.
    2007-10-13 04:42 AM
    My iPhone is mooded but running a Cingular SIM. I have ATT service and its modded. Also my firmware is 1.0.0. Is it safe for me to upgrade to 1.1.1 without having to revirginize?
    2007-10-22 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD