User Tag List

So I don't know if this has been posted already, but 3 of my friends that work for AT&T have said that there's a new iPhone which is going to be released in January featuring 3G internet. Probably since everyone in the UK already has 3G, so buying an iPhone is actually a downgrade for them.

How could Apple do this to all those customers who just got an iPhone for Christmas?! Those bastards and their planned obsolescence...
    2007-10-13 06:34 AM
    this would be the first and last to buy anything from apple. So much for revolutionary phone.............NOT!
    2007-10-13 07:06 AM
    this would be the first and last to buy anything from apple. So much for revolutionary phone.............NOT!
    If you currently own an iphone, then you know that its revolutionary... 3g is just the next step. Sell yours on ebay and buy the new one.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be
    2007-10-13 07:11 AM
    Apple's been VERY clear about 3G compromising the iPhone's battery life...your predication is pretty radical given the information that's been put out there.

At most, I'd expect larger storage space at Christmas. No change in hardware save possible accessories.

But, hey, everyone can dream, right?
    2007-10-13 07:12 AM
    From experience, AT&T knows VERY little more about iPhones then we do. They wouldn't know if there was a new phone until right before it launched.
    2007-10-13 07:19 AM
    Anyone who works at AT&T and says they know what APPLE is going to do 4 months down the road is full of *you know what*
    2007-10-13 07:38 AM
    Anyone who works at AT&T and says they know what APPLE is going to do 4 months down the road is full of *you know what*
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    2007-10-13 07:51 AM
    I don't think Apple really cares about Edge or 3G, but wants to promote wifi...
    2007-10-13 11:54 AM
    It's hi first post here as well......what a trustworthy source LOL!
    2007-10-13 01:09 PM
    3g..................i Couldn't Care Less
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-10-13 02:32 PM
    Id expect them to have a EDGE and a 3G model, so you can choose what is more important, 3G or Battery Life.
    2007-10-13 02:54 PM
    I don't think Apple really cares about Edge or 3G, but wants to promote wifi...
    This seems to be their approach. I've watched 3g tear through two full batteries on a blackjack very easily. Wifi is almost everywhere. If I had a 3g iphone, it would be turned to edge and email on manual like mine is now.

And as for more storage? 8gb means two things to me.
    One: I won't kill my battery from watching movies, cause I couldn't really put more than one on with my music.
    Two: I no longer hit the all songs/shuffle button and skip 4/5 songs just to find one I actually want to listen to instead of all the crap I had on my 30g.

When it comes down to it, until Apple releases one that works on different firmware then what we have I'm satisfied. But when that happens I'll join in the speculation, rumors, and outrage.
    2007-10-13 03:17 PM
    I really dont get people's fascination with 3G. Sure its faster than edge BUT it eats up batteries like nothing, it still will cost you money to subscribe to it, and its not as wide spread here. Only a few phone companies offer 3G and its not even the best. While you have WIFI which is everywhere almost and you can just hope onto that network and expect MUCH faster speeds than you can ever achieve with 3G or EDGE.
    2007-10-13 03:20 PM
    3g..................i Couldn't Care Less
    same here and plus I dont think att have bad azz source like we do here
     Think Different
    2007-10-13 05:45 PM
    Id expect them to have a EDGE and a 3G model, so you can choose what is more important, 3G or Battery Life.
    Right...there's a solid, commited business plan.

An iPod-optional version is also in the pipeline. Start holding your breath...now.
    2007-10-13 07:26 PM
    So I don't know if this has been posted already, but 3 of my friends that work for AT&T have said that there's a new iPhone which is going to be released in January featuring 3G internet. Probably since everyone in the UK already has 3G, so buying an iPhone is actually a downgrade for them.

How could Apple do this to all those customers who just got an iPhone for Christmas?! Those bastards and their planned obsolescence...
    Yeah right. If there actually were a 3G iPhone to be released in Jan, ATT would be the last people to know about it.
    2007-10-13 07:32 PM
    While you have WIFI which is everywhere almost and you can just hope onto that network and expect MUCH faster speeds than you can ever achieve with 3G or EDGE.
    I wonder where you are leaving, where I am (Charlotte) it is hardly everywhere! At people's house (and usually they use a password) and that's it. At my company we have wifi for customer's only which means you need to get a 10 hour ticket with a password which you need to reenter when you connect to a website every time you take the phone out. I know one restaurant which has free wifi otherwise around where we are. If you have to pay for a wifi subscription in addition to your cell phone data subscription it starts to be very expensive
    2007-10-13 07:32 PM
    we wonder wonder haha
     Think Different
    2007-10-13 07:34 PM
    i smell a poll..
    2007-10-13 07:38 PM
    how about no. Jobs himself has said that you *might* see 3G next fall due to battery life issues. People were just irate over the price cut. Now imagine a brand new phone 6 months later. People would go off. I think you need some new sources because your current are full of dodo butter.
    2007-10-13 08:04 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD