User Tag List

EDIT...the app called DOCK is what destroyed my iPhone

[CENTER]Here I am, trying to find some GBA/ or NES roms sources for my iPhone. I use google to search for some working one sand found this source: http://iappcat.com/r/7866

• I then add it to installer's sources
    • Refresh sources
    • Go to "lot of sources n stuff"
    • Then install the first GBA Roms package
    • then outta no where is an update
    • so I then update it
    • (Seemed legit on the first update)
    • but then there's another update
    • it was only about 754kbs and it took very long just to start
    • So once it was done, I press the home button and now when I go to my apps, nothing executes

If I tried to go to the installer, it would pop up but I couldn't press anything.
    Same story for all of my other apps.
    So I then decide to restart it, and when it loads back up, then screen flashes with black and white stripes.
    (At this point I'm pissed off) Because I know I got a virus on my iPhone!
    So the screen automatically locks on the sleep mode and it's not even black. It just shows my lock screen and as the status bar it showed a "Mackie" logo. So I figured I'd just cut me losses and restore and re-jailbreak/activate and unlock it. Now I'm starting from scratch all because some person decided that they wanted to release malicious software to the iPhone community.

Again DO NOT ADD http://iappcat.com/r/7866 as a source!!!
    Last edited by TheYoungHustla; 2008-04-09 at 04:41 AM.
    2008-04-06 08:13 PM
    Thanks, I'm going to download everything to verify all of this. Until then all people should stay away.
    2008-04-06 08:21 PM
    i used this source, but i haven't downloaded the "GBA Roms package" everything else works fine tho. i downloaded the NES roms pack and it works great.
    2008-04-06 08:30 PM
    There's allways one who tries to ruin the community.
    2008-04-06 08:31 PM
    The same thing happened to me! although i don't know what source it came from i was installing some new apps and after refreshing nothing worked :-$ i just had to re jailbreak and with no pc pwnge it was no fun...
    2008-04-06 08:37 PM
    so far everything is all good.
    2008-04-06 08:40 PM
    in addition to what I stated above, I'm running on 1.1.4 and when you download the third installation (1.5.0? possibly) it takes forever just to get to the half point. and it's not even a big file.
    2008-04-06 09:14 PM
    Everything is working fine. I don't understand.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2008-04-06 11:43 PM
    That happened to me as well! I sshd into the phone to try to take the package out. I got rid of the flash thing but i might still have that virus.
    2008-04-07 03:41 AM
    sounds like a main script execution error problem, the guy hosting it probably just didn't put it together well, or it hasn't been updated to the way things are working now.
    2008-04-07 05:11 AM
    thanks alot for the heads up!!! sorry that bull sh## happened to you man...
    2008-04-07 05:22 AM
    This sounds like what happens if you leave the Screenshot app by robota running when you respring your iPhone. Total catasrophe, you need to delete the Screenshot files in the /bin folder to fix things.

When I ran into this problem some time ago, I had left Screenshot on and switched out themes in Summerboard to take screenshots. I ended up respringing and seeing the white lines like mentioned here. To make matters worse, I could launch apps, but then I couldn't click any buttons inside the actual apps, just launch them :T

If this sounds like your problem, try to recall if you had Screenshot enabled.
    2008-04-07 06:45 AM
    Anyone can create a source of their liking at the iappcat.com website.

Go there register, for free, then look up gba roms put them in your profile and you will have a source like the one posted.
    2008-04-07 08:22 AM
    This sounds like what happens if you leave the Screenshot app by robota running when you respring your iPhone. Total catasrophe, you need to delete the Screenshot files in the /bin folder to fix things.

When I ran into this problem some time ago, I had left Screenshot on and switched out themes in Summerboard to take screenshots. I ended up respringing and seeing the white lines like mentioned here. To make matters worse, I could launch apps, but then I couldn't click any buttons inside the actual apps, just launch them :T

If this sounds like your problem, try to recall if you had Screenshot enabled.
    That's exactly what happened to me...
    I did have screenshots enabled..
    but once I tried to dl this package from iappcat it showed a small yellow light in the bottom right corner and I couldn't click any button in the apps once they launched.
    I think everybody should be warned not to shut down the iPhone while downloading apps, even if they seem somewhat suspicious for taking a long time to dl.
    2008-04-07 09:31 PM
    The small sunburst in the bottom right hand corner is Dock, which already has problems with 1.1.3 and up. That's what screwed up your phone, not the source.

Avoiding shutting down your phone while installing is common sense, by the way.
    2008-04-07 09:58 PM
    isnt this source with shais sources i download it but uninstalled it thanks for the warning
    2008-04-08 01:36 PM
    yea...it's "Dock" that messed it up...because I did it again just to check, and the same thing happened.
    This should be removed from their source. Or at least a warning that it'll mess up iPhones.

So what do I do from here? do I have to start from scratch again?
    Last edited by TheYoungHustla; 2008-04-09 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-09 04:42 AM
    I removed Dock also because I would get the flashing white lines when rebooting.

Also a few times the touch screen would freeze, meaning I could slide to unlock and that was it, touch screen was dead. I rebooted a few times and it fixed itself, hasn't happened since removing Dock. This was on 1.1.3.
    2008-04-09 05:22 AM
    uninstalled screeshots app , problem solved no more white stripes.
    2008-05-20 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD