User Tag List

i recently noticed a demo app at the bottom of my home screen along with an apple and a blue background only at the bottom. i can't get rid of it......help!!

1. i turned my phone off and on
    2. changed themes several times
    3. looked at installer's uninstall list, not there

where did this come from and can i get rid if it using file finder and just delete "demo app." or would that mess something up.......
    2007-10-22 07:07 PM
    Use rSBT (might be in customize if you have the latest version) and drag demoapp to "Hidden". That will make it disappear off your screen.
    Last edited by chancre_scolex; 2007-10-22 at 09:47 PM.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep
    2007-10-22 07:20 PM
    demoapp is an app that was included with the iphone for reasons unknown. i think it was erica sadun perhaps that discovered it had some movie-playing code, or it might have been someone here, i don't remember where i read it, but general speculation seems to point to the fact that it was probably used on demo iphones in stores to play the demo movie.

i think you can delete without any problems, but i would just hide it so that you're safe.

do you know how to use ssh to poke around your phone and edit files? if so, do this:

-connect to your phone
    -move to the directory /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    -open up the file DisplayOrder.plist if you are on 1.0.2 firmware, M68AP.plist if you are on 1.1.1
    -move to the very bottom of the file, and look for a couple of lines that look like this:

Code:
    <key>special</key>
    <array>
    and paste this code in right underneath those lines, so it should now look like this:

Code:
    <key>special</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apple.DemoApp</string>
    </dict>
    and save it. restart your phone and it should be gone.
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps
    2007-10-22 07:24 PM
    thnaks for all the help....
    2007-10-22 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD