if your reading this, thank you

im new to all of this hacking stuff and after weeks of intense reseach i decided to ask someone who knows better. ill try to make this as short a possible.

my iphone was originally bought to hack and sell by bfs friends, i really wanted one so he got it for me mid Jan. it was a 1.1.2 and was unlocked/jailbroken/activated by ibrick. no clue what all that was at the time. all i knew was i get to install everything i wanted/avaliable.

a few weeks ago it begins, when i would recieve calls screen would freeze until person hung up and i was unable to unlock it (ringtone and vibration was gone aswell). i tried everything, then started to google everything, thats when i came across a few site including this one. i started reading and and decided to restore then upgrade then unlock/jailbreak/activate by my self (didnt do it earlier cuz i was told not to upgrade ANYTHING!!! and not touch the tweaks category or the fone will lock and thats the end, so i listen). i know my way around computer stuff more then an average person, but im not a pro.

first i got ziphone, then with the research i found also dl iliberty+ (apperentlly better and since i loved installer i figured y not) and thats what i used to do everything, i also fake downgraded 4.6 to 3.9 (read it make phone work better). i was VERY happy i did it on my own with out sacraficing my fone, until couldnt find installer, customize or bsd then it all went to poop.

thats when my intense research began, every min. between work and sleep and lunch breaks.

i found cydia is new, all installs go to 300 memory partion and there is no customize. i figured out the terminal thing is for (the one on iphone, apparentlly there is for pc) and tried doing it all of last night didnt even sleep. all i got was creating a /Widgets file and a symbolic link to /applications. figured it would do the rest nope!!!

not im stuck with a full memory (300mb), no theme app, and most programs that arent in the summerboard are somewhere inside and i cant figure out how get them or use them!?!?!?

i searched for apprx. 2 weeks already all over the net. i just need someone to point me in the right direction or show me once im a quick learner.

i just can keep reading samething over anymore.
    cydia is fun i like it, give you brain power (learning new things)
    but im not learning by readiing the same thing
    so please a gudie line or anything would b useful
    2008-04-18 05:28 PM
    Not sure exactly after reading thread if i am current in assuming what you did.

If you where playing with moving the Applications folder after installing apps and not appearing it woudl mean after you made the new folder you did not copy old folder contents to new one, sounds like you symb linked it so now, all is seen is blank applications folder when accessing from iphone or through terminal.

This is taking into consideration you didn't delete old APPS FOLDER

Now if you symlinked it you will need to do a few things to try and get your odl installed apps back, 1st thing re symlink your applications folder to/from iphone drive/TEST

now phone will need to be rebooted, if now you can access you old applications you will see you made mistake in moving. Should be from what i remember 3-4 lines you type in

Not sure if thsi is issue, but rather go into soem type answer to pinpoint if issue so can help farther
    2008-04-18 05:58 PM
    What firmware are you using? Why do you want to use Cydia over installer, you can have them both installed. I would start all over with and use Pwnage 1.1 to unlock and jailbreak your iphone. Pwnage 1.1 also installs Installer, BSD, and open ssh. I'm not really sure what you are asking, your kind of getting your terms mixed up, but thats ok.
    2008-04-18 06:07 PM
    i liknked it and then when i asked to show me app folder i had librery and the widgets folder i created than im stuck

i had 1.1.2 then upgraded to 1.1.4
    like i said new to all of this and i might be confusing when i type fast of the head.
    i have installer i added it from ilibrery+ after the unlock process but it doesnt show up and even if it did there is no customize or BSD

this is that i typed when linking

ln -s file1 lnk1
    /Widgets
    /Applications

and then it wanted me to type furthur and i didnt know what cuz thats all i read to type after that they to said reboot so i did
    Last edited by 718iPhone; 2008-04-18 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-18 06:38 PM
    i liknked it and then when i asked to show me app folder i had librery and the widgets folder i created than im stuck

i had 1.1.2 then upgraded to 1.1.4
    like i said new to all of this and i might be confusing when i type fast of the head.
    i have installer i added it from ilibrery+ after the unlock process but it doesnt show up and even if it did there is no customize or BSD

this is that i typed when linking

ln -s file1 lnk1
    /Widgets
    /Applications

and then it wanted me to type furthur and i didnt know what cuz thats all i read to type after that they to said reboot so i did
    I would really start over and use ziphone or Pwn to jailbreak and unlock your phone. I only recommend those two because I have never had one problem with them. Tried cydia, not that impressed, stayed with installer. You kind of sound like your a little over your head with this. I would really use pwn (if you have a mac), or use ziphone to jailbreak and unlock your phone.
    2008-04-18 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD