no....just curious...
    2007-10-26 04:40 AM
    Does any one know how to keep stack from showing up in other programs please help this gets in the way
    2007-10-26 05:12 PM
    nope sorry. its because it SO beta and because its a "purple" app. go to the stacks google page to read about purple apps. hopefully it will change but who knows. Oh and i uninstalled mine too just to let yall know. then whole in other programs thing was killing me so ill wait a little bit longer.
    2007-10-26 07:52 PM
    Tried in 1.0.2. and the archive.zip files did not work. Opened up an icon with the paper, pencil, ruler, paint brush and that was about it.

Not supposed to work on 1.0.2. correct?
    2007-10-26 09:33 PM
    im sorry man. when you first install it, it does that. you have to restart your phone and if you havent already put stacks where the ipod was. it should work fine. lata hope this helps.

-swell
    2007-10-26 09:48 PM
    Hmm put the files in the correct location, I have a five app dock, does that matter? I put it in the fifth position, no icon image by the way, hit the app and the funny pictured showed up. So I restarted the iphone, and the same thing happened. Do I need to set permissions?
    2007-10-26 09:55 PM
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!
    ^I've always wanted to say that for some reason.

The new stacks controller does everything for you. It says iPod Touch only but it's working for me. It does NOT let you control WHAT is in your stack. What you do is install the StackController. After that you will see an icon thats name is StackController. Open it. It will ask you to install stack or uninstall stack. Click install. If you want the jagged curvey look then click use curved stack. After that restart your phone. you will see stacks where the iPod is. Use COSTUMIZE to move iPod somewhere else and put stacks(not StacksController) where iPod was. After that it should work fine. Hope this works for everyone. Lata.
    -Swell

P.S. If you want that gay screen gone with the black and the blurry Application icon open up StackController(If On Mac it's Show Package Contents.) then put this picture in there. Don't change anything about the picture, especially the name.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by swell; 2007-10-26 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-26 10:11 PM
    Lol, maybe i'm cursed but it's not working.

Here are my steps:

- Downloaded the latest 'stack' package from the google code site.
    - Used iBricker and uploaded the entire contents of the zip to:

/Applications/StackController.app

which has the following files inside it:

Stack.app (folder) - including all the files in this folder.
    com.steventroughtonsmith.stack
    icon.png
    Info.plist
    stack_controller
    UIbuttonlarge.png
    UIbuttonlargepressed.png

Go to my iphone screen, do a restart, tap on StackController button and get the same goofy picture/icon.

I saw this on the mobilestack google page, does this matter?:

"Thirdly, all items in Stack are hard-coded at this time, and you must add the identifiers for each item to the "special" items section in your N45AP.plist (or M68AP.plist for iPhone) inside SpringBoard.app, the system shell, so that they don't show up on SpringBoard as well as Stack."

My hunch was correct, i was able to get to the install screen after I went and edited all of the permissions. Then I got an error message when I hit INSTALL Stack that says:

"Unable to write SpringBoard configuration."

UPDATE: I was able to get it to work just buy uploading all of the Stack.app files to /Applications/Stack.app and giving all the files all permissions. However, the goofy picture still appears and then the stacks appear over a black screen and do not show the springboard underneath it.

Suffice to say it works, after setting the permissions to every file to ALL, or 777.
    Last edited by jkpown; 2007-10-26 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-26 10:36 PM
    what would make this gorgeous is if the stacks magnified when you pas your hand over them, and if the screen didn't darken so much when you're using it. Along with the option to change what is in the stack in an rSBT style fashion, or like you change icons in the iPod (the bar at the bottom)
    Would be so nice...
    2007-10-26 11:03 PM
    maybe its because your using ibrickr, i use SSH to do mine. I'm guessing your on Windows? if your on a mac then search for mount your iphone and read that article. i tell how to do it. if you hold on till later tonight i will make a video how to get everything working. Im going to start showing people how to do everything and upload it to my web site. so later tonight like 10ish check out web.mac.com/lyndellwiggins and if its still not up there check back tomorrow. lata

-swell

P.S. maybe you need to upgrade?
    2007-10-26 11:06 PM
    M68AP.plist = displayOrder.plist
    M68AP.plist = 1.1.1
    displayOrder.plist = 1.0.0 - 1.0.2

That should clear up a lot. Heres a screenshot of it on my phone.

Pretty dang awesome!
    2007-10-27 07:23 AM
    Hi from France, tested and worked

French Review here : FrenchiPhone, sorry in french...
    Last edited by Obscur909; 2007-10-27 at 09:23 AM.
    2007-10-27 08:50 AM
    any news ab8 stack for fw 1.1.3? it miss me a lot
    2008-02-26 10:00 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD