Does anyone know if theres a progress going on, do they still work on their apps ?
    2007-10-28 03:09 AM
    What? I'm not following...
    2007-10-29 01:51 AM
    yea both need to support unicode for input, they wouldn't take japanese and just shut off

soda
    2007-11-02 05:45 AM
    Using Apollo. Have not seen an update in a while. But it seems to be working fine so maybe it does not need an update. Don't know.
    2007-11-02 01:08 PM
    they both crash like mad for me....
    2007-11-02 03:41 PM
    I have no problem to read and receive unicode (like Chinese and Japanese)
    but when you enable the Japanese keyboard and send Japanese
    they will crash instantly
    other then that, it doesn't crash that much for me
    if you look at jivetalk, they still doing updates and is more advanced
    such as by category, most recent chat on top, auto reconnect (that works most of the time)
    no problem with unicode either
    the only thing is that it can't support sound, vibrate, and popup notification since it's web based...

BTW, does anyone know if I install JohnTool that disable power management, will they both stay connect or reconnect if get disconnected?

soda
    2007-11-02 04:01 PM
    I use Apollo and like it hopefully they will release a version that supports yahoo soon. Most of the folks at work use yahoo IM.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.
    2007-11-02 11:04 PM
    they both crash like mad for me....
    Yep, crash for me all the time. Both suck until they stop crashing- seems HEAPS of users have this same trouble

And yes, BSDSystems installed.
    2007-11-07 07:08 PM
    Yep, crash for me all the time. Both suck until they stop crashing
    Agreed.
    2007-11-07 07:21 PM
    Yep, crash for me all the time. Both suck until they stop crashing- seems HEAPS of users have this same trouble

And yes, BSDSystems installed.
    you aren't kidding. i try using them, but 90% of the time the home button will cause them to crash.
    2007-11-07 07:25 PM
    you aren't kidding. i try using them, but 90% of the time the home button will cause them to crash.
    OR in apollo, if you switch a window at the same time as a person sends a message to you, the whole phone will lock up. Then you will need to hold home+power to reboot. And you lose your message. AND I hat that bug where your friend's message gets corrupted or something and it shows this in their speech bubble : ";apos;&" or something similar.
    MobileChat can drop dead, it doesn't show it contacts at all. Just a blank space.
    argh Argh ARGH!!!!
    2007-11-07 07:42 PM
    and the worst is that it doesnt seem like theres any progress out there to improve their product
    2007-11-10 05:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD