User Tag List

hi everyone

since yesterday im the happy owner of an Iphone with 1.1.4 software. like probably most of you, i find the overall phone volume a bit low. in the Installer list under iClarified i found the 3rd party program called Volume Boost. before installing i get the warning that it comes from an unsafe resource. my question as a newbie is now, is it safe to install such mods on a cracked/ jailbroken iphone ? or is that going to screw up my phone software ?
    thanks for any help.
    2008-04-23 04:24 PM
    It didn't mess anything up on my phone.
    2008-04-23 04:54 PM
    ok cool thanks, how about general software fixes and updates ? is it usually safe to install those or better leave it ?
    2008-04-23 05:00 PM
    I have never had anything crash my phone from installing... but I still usually try to back-up my iPhone before I try new things. Unless I've already read about them here or on other forums and people have success.

But, that doesn't mean something bad couldn't happen.... so just make sure you back it up.
    2008-04-23 09:47 PM
    hi! I also have the same problem, i find the volume not enough. Did you use the Volume Boost? Where did you get that application? Thanks.
    2008-04-24 04:24 AM
    Just poke holes into your speaker.
    2008-04-24 04:58 AM
    Like Bassir says, couse the volume boost wont make any defferant. This is my experiance after trying it on 3 iPhones...

Poke a hole "Not into ur speakers" but there is a thin piece of plastic just under the speakers i try it out and, it's true it actually is around 45-60% louder :-)
    2008-04-24 07:53 AM
    tried volume boost and it really didnt do anything at all :/
    2008-04-24 11:07 AM
    All the volume boost package will do is make your ears bleed next time you put on some headphones, and maybe trick your mind into thinking your speaker is louder via the placebo effect.
    2008-04-24 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD