Hi peeps, im kinda new here. just got my iphone a week ago n loving every moment of it my firmware is 1.1.1 and i was installing the update for installer today on my iphone. somehow after e installation. whenever i run e installer, it goes into e program, process for a while n returns to e home page !! so there's nothing much i can do with it now, ie install or uninstall programs .. anyone knows why this is happening? hope to get installer up n running again soon last resort is to uninstall installer n reinstall again?? .. thanks in advance
    2007-10-30 06:41 PM
    Yep happend to me yesterday....
    Step 1: you need to ssh into your Iphone
    Step 2: Delete file /Application/Installer.app
    Step 3: Download Installer.app from the download section on this website under the iphone section.
    Step 4. Then SSH back into your phone and place that installer.app Application into the /Applications folder on your iphone.
    Step 5: Set the permissions to 755.
    Step 6: You now have Installer working Again!!!!!!!!
    2007-10-30 07:01 PM
    Yep happend to me yesterday....
    Step 1: you need to ssh into your Iphone
    Step 2: Delete file /Application/Installer.app
    Step 3: Download Installer.app from the download section on this website under the iphone section.
    Step 4. Then SSH back into your phone and place that installer.app Application into the /Applications folder on your iphone.
    Step 5: Set the permissions to 755.
    Step 6: You now have Installer working Again!!!!!!!!
    wow dats fast reply thanks a lot there , im gonna try it now !
    2007-10-30 07:05 PM
    Let me no if it worked........Had the same prolbem yesterday, not sure why it happens, But make sure you set the permissions or installer will not load correctly, and you WONT lose any of your Sources or installed apps! Just need to update to Installer 3.0(under the update sec) if you want!
    2007-10-30 07:09 PM
    wow dats fast reply thanks a lot there , im gonna try it now !
    hi im not at all familiar with ssh n my phone is jailed at 1.1.1 , i do have a working sftp connection.. is there another alternative for me to uninstall n install installer ? thanks

hahaha problem solved!! sftp is jus as effective as ssh.. loving my iphone more n more now
    Last edited by iwaniphone; 2007-10-30 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-30 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD