Today I installed BossTool to free up some space on my iPhone. After moving my Fonts, Ringtones, and Applications I restarted my phone. To my surprise it was stuck at the Apple logo with a circular loading icon. I tried many times to restart the phone but it would not pass that point.

I figured it was something to do with the phone not being able to find some of the files that I moved. So I checked my router, and found out that my phone was connected to WiFi, even though it was stuck at the apple logo.

So then I SSHed into my phone and did the following..

# cd /System/Library
    # unlink Fonts
    # unlink Ringtones
    # cp /private/var/Fonts .
    # cp /private/var/Ringtones .
    # cd /private/var/
    # rm -rf Fonts
    # rm -rf Ringtones

Before I was even complete these steps, my phone was at the home screen and working again!!

I hope this can help others with this problem!
    2008-05-02 10:32 PM
    Today I installed BossTool to free up some space on my iPhone. After moving my Fonts, Ringtones, and Applications I restarted my phone. To my surprise it was stuck at the Apple logo with a circular loading icon. I tried many times to restart the phone but it would not pass that point.

I figured it was something to do with the phone not being able to find some of the files that I moved. So I checked my router, and found out that my phone was connected to WiFi, even though it was stuck at the apple logo.
    [I]
    So then I SSHed into my phone and did the following..

# cd /System/Library
    # unlink Fonts
    # unlink Ringtones
    # cp /private/var/Fonts .
    # cp /private/var/Ringtones .
    # cd /private/var/
    # rm -rf Fonts
    # rm -rf Ringtones

Before I was even complete these steps, my phone was at the home screen and working again!!

I hope this can help others with this problem!
    SO what did you do to the following?
    2008-08-01 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD