HELP ME PLEASE anyone. I think that i really screwed up my iphone. I never seen anything like this I was messing around trying to install some new icons and themes for my springboard when i saw on modmyi that you can install more "sources" to apptapp. I saw the tutorial and saw a list of "rouge" sources that would give you more apps to apptapp. So i decided to give a few of them a try to see what they had to offer. here is a list of the ones i installed.

HighTymes: hightymes.org/iphone/plist/index.xml
    iSwitcher: web.mac.com/iswitcher2/list.xml
    Loring Studios: loringstudios.com/iPhone-schnapps/index.xml
    AlohaSoft Graphics: homepage.mac.com/reinholdpenner/alohasoft.xml
    MTL Repository: home.mike.tl/iphone

After I entered theses sources i might have installed maybe two or three icons or themes from iswitcher and then my phone started acting crazy. now i have no control over it. I turn it off and then turn it on and get white and black lines all across the screen. when it finally loads to the springboard it is constantly giving me the little loading icon in the center of the screen, and it wont let me tapp any of my apps. I cant get into any of the phones functions or even into installer to uninstall whatever might have caused this problem. when i try to connect the phone to my computer so i can just do a system restore on itunes, itunes doesn't even recognize my phone. I almost out of ideas and out of hope. Ive stayed up all night trying to figure something out but now i have to go to work and its killing me inside. if anyone is a pro and can figure out how i can regain access to my phone or how can i reverse what ive done. or even how can i get itunes to recognize the phone so i can do a restore and hope everything will go back to normal. I just want my phone back. please anyone. im not very savvy when it comes to this stuff. PLEASE HELP.
    2007-11-05 12:17 PM
    do you have ssh installed on your fone if you do ssh into it and delete the programs that way and then reboot
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd
    2007-11-05 01:13 PM
    You have to restore.
    2007-11-05 02:22 PM
    I don't have a SSH installed, and I can't seem to get itunes to recognize the iphone so I can't do a restore throught itunes. is there another way to do a restore? Also by jailbreaking my phone did i void my warrenty? Do you think that if i brought my phone back to a apple store they would be able to do system restore. I can't do anything on the phone. whenever i try to go into any of my apps (apptapp, safari, email,) it will not do anything or it will try to go into the app but then freeze up and kick me out, so i can't do anything off of the phone it self. thanks to anyone that can give me hand with this problem, but i just don't think there is anything i can do from here but hope that apple will restore my phone for me. if anyone has any other ideas i'm open to anything.
    2007-11-05 02:54 PM
    Try this first connect phone to pc then open itunes and press sleep/off and home button down at same time and hold for like 20 secs if iTunes will pick it up and ask if you want to restore. If that don't work connect your phone to a wall outlet to charge the iphone and press sleep/off and home button down at same time and see if the yellow triangle comes up. Don't add the Hightymes source, it messed up many iphones already.
    2007-11-05 09:58 PM
    You need to do what vincent said. Force the phone into recovery mode and then iTunes will recognize it, and then give you the option to restore.

Reako
    2007-11-05 10:53 PM
    Thanks Vincent and Reako the recovery worked. You saved me. I didn't get any sleep last night worrying about my phone. I thought that I was really S**t out of luck. Thanks again, you guys are the best.
    2007-11-06 05:38 AM
    You got it man.

Reako
    2007-11-07 11:05 PM
    I was having the exact same problem and realized that I needed to do what was suggested here, hooking up to itunes, powering off the iphone, then holding home and lock to put iPhone into recovery mode. I know 100% that what crashed my iphone was the CTU24 ringtone. I know 'cause I did it again to make sure that's what it was. Here's a link to a video of my iPhone crashing just like described above

Last edited by ahhyeah; 2007-11-12 at 04:06 AM. Reason: link didn't work, added more to the story
    iPhone 3GS, 32GB, 4.0, AT&T
    iPad 3G, 16GB, 3.2, jailbroken

2007-11-12 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD