Hi! i tried looking for a solution for this problem, but I don't think anyone else has had the same complaint.

I used I a program called the iPhone PC suite v1.0.3 and managed to install about 20 new apps on my phone. quite simple ones at that. just games and summerboard stuff. A few that didnt work i uninstalled immediately. After about 3 hrs of installing i took my iphone off the dock and was going through some of the applications and suddenly my iPhone just went off. When I switched it on again, it did not go past the initialization screen where it jut shows the apple in the center of the screen. When i connect it to my PC, iTunes is reading it, so is the iPhone PC suite, so is the iphonebrowser. When i dial the phone it rings at my end, but on the iphone i do not get a call. its just stuck on the apple screen. I can't even turn it off. To do so, i'm having to shut it down from the iPhone PC suite.

I got my iPhone jailbreaked about 3 months ago in India.

Please advice me on what I should do to get it to stop acting cranky.
    2008-05-04 01:52 PM
    Go into iTunes and restore without a backup. remember to back your contacts up somewhere first.
    2008-05-04 02:46 PM
    but if i do that will i have to jailbreak it again. cuz i spent 4 grand to do it earlier...
    i'm not really good at all this stuff. i shudnt have experimented in the first place.
    2008-05-04 03:36 PM
    4 grand? Its free and easy.
    2008-05-04 03:37 PM
    yeah well, i think i'm the broomhead in that case . do you have any ideas why it might be malfunctioning this way?
    and what i can do about it??
    and if i restore to factory settings will i have to jailbreak it again. cuz i'm guessing i will have to....
    2008-05-04 03:42 PM
    lol
    I think you may have installed to many apps. You can try uninstalling a few of them.
    Do you have summerboard installed? If not, install it.
    If you restore. Yes you will need to jailbreak/unlock again.
    2008-05-04 03:47 PM
    and how do i do that?? will i be able to do it on my own??
    and then will it restore back to the apps that were already there?

your a genius! and i love you!
    bows to broomhead a million times.
    thank you!i reinstalled summerboard and it worked!
    thank you thank you so much!!
    Last edited by giarobins; 2008-05-04 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-04 04:05 PM
    Welcome to MMi
    2008-05-04 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD