Hi.

I have iPod Touch 8Gb (ZiPhoned). I was sync a little ago when i noticed that in iTunes, were you can configure automatic sync for music, photos, videos, contacts etc, it says at the bottom "Capacity" (my iTune is in Portuguese, so i think you guys have in english so i think will see Capacity) there is a bar where it says the amount of "Audio" storeged, "Video" storeged, "Photos" storeged, ect... en then the orange one says "Other" and the capacity that its occupying is 373,5Mb!!!

Now, i wonder what is that! Can any one tell me what is it?

And how can i get more free space from that? cause i have this iTouch full loaded, lol

Someone??? please...
    Last edited by Dumi; 2008-05-05 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-05 03:26 PM
    You have 2 partitions on the iphone. Applications are stored on the smaller partition with the OS. You need to instal Boss Tool from installer and move application to the ohter partition. Here is the repo if it is not in installer. http://sleepers.net/iphonerep
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!
    2008-05-05 04:51 PM
    You have 2 partitions on the iphone. Applications are stored on the smaller partition with the OS. You need to instal Boss Tool from installer and move application to the ohter partition. Here is the repo if it is not in installer. http://sleepers.net/iphonerep
    Thanks for the tip, but i dont think that is what i was talking about, cause i have Boss Tool, and what that app does is move the Fonts, Ringtones and Apps from the smaller partition to the bigger one, and vice-versa. From that 3 options i have moved Fonts and Ringtones to the bigger partition, now its like this:
    The smaller one is now "81Mb free out of 300Mb"
    The other is "464Mb free out of 7440Mb"

So....

Up....
    Last edited by Dumi; 2008-05-06 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-06 12:40 AM
    Do you have all of the emulators installed because I have 3 gba roms and about 25 nes roms, but Im 112 MB and then 3552 MB on the bigger partitions and all I moved were my fonts. Soon, you are gonna be out of space in both partitions...
    2008-05-06 02:48 AM
    also, you have to remember that the firmware from apple goes in that partition, and that file is pretty darn big.
    2008-05-06 03:32 AM
    Can anybody help me with this? I installed the bosstool because i was havin the same problem with the memory running out.. after I moved my fonts my ringtones and my apps I restarted it and it wont start! :S it keeps showing me the apple icon :S
    2008-05-09 05:53 AM
    same problem

please help me i dont want to restore
    i install bosstools and moved everithing in the bigger partiton (apps rings, fonts)
    and then 1 can't start any apps so 1 restarted the phone and now it cannot boot :S

edit:
    too bad... i have restored...
    Last edited by DaviD202; 2008-05-12 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-12 11:08 PM
    Try using either ZiPhone or Independence to try to boot it out of recovery mode...
    2008-05-12 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD